If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
07-31-2018, (Subject: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? ) 
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for?
(07-31-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  GREAT advice in this thread.

I just paid mine off, and I'm doing exactly what rawze had suggested for those exact reasons. Mine is showing it's age, but I'm running something highly profitable and local for awhile while I catch up on a number of things, ending with a inframe and trans job.

Mine was apart at 685k, and part of what it got was a new set of bearings, for just that reason. I was trying to buy time after the cam went flat. I noticed it is alot less temperamental by not driving it on the edge and cutting back on the boost, and trying to stay off of loads that go through mountains. It no longer uses coolant and oil either. She's noisy, but she still runs fine so I'm running it for now and taking it easy on it while I get a better grip on things.

What I learned is it really comes down to being smart and relying less on those who prey on you and more on yourself. I got no help after all the 'promises' that were made to me...company couldn't care less. I ended up diving in and straightening it out myself. Don't rely on company promises or warranties, rely on your own business sense and your own two hands before anything else! That's the only warranty I want or need.

Congratulations on paying off your tractor!
You get it!

We wound up overhauling the engine @635k. One year after purchase
Tried doing it to the letter but saw the writing on the wall.
If it wasn't for this site, we would have been brake dust.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: DDB , Rawze

Messages In This Thread
RE: If you had to buy a truck right now, what would you look for? - in2trux - 07-31-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.