Confused on this 2350 isx
07-30-2018, (Subject: Confused on this 2350 isx ) 
Confused on this 2350 isx
So im buying a 2350 ISX(2014) I Don't wanna Delete it right now... I Noticed the on the regen they forced it took almost 78 mins. So i told them before i buy i want that DPF filter taken care of as i think its clogged. They had no issues with it and also agreed to a 3 axle alignment as they felt something weird driving it. When it comes down to reading the ECM report they sent me im confused as i never delt with these DPF stuff.. When the regen starts what should the number be? What should the number be when its done if you look its showing a 6.0 then drops to i think a 2.5? Is this normal?

Attached File(s)
.pdf  20180730105103.pdf (Size: 1.15 MB / Downloads: 0)
replyreply
RE: Confused on this 2350 isx
also new doser injector, new IMAP sensor, etc.etc.etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pete1990 , Waterloo , zyNoT
How much are the Doser injectors?
replyreply
07-31-2018, (Subject: Confused on this 2350 isx ) 
Holy crap...7.0 differntial pressure? And it's been that way for a while. I bet it's been flashing DPF codes for a while.

Dose injectors are not too expensive. Under $300 of memory serves but it's the labor as the coolant system has to be drained as they are cooled by the coolant. Then another $200 for the IMAP and exhaust backprrssure sensors but good luck getting a dealer to eat that cost.

If the NoX sensors have never been changed prepare to do those as well as the will lose their efficacy over time and start throwing catalyst efficiency codes.

Have them pull the Decomp tube and inspect the inside of it for the DEF volcano that likes to form in it which restricts exhaust flow. That might also indicate a clogged DEF injector. If the DEF filter has not been changed recently have them do that as well item that should be replaced at certain intervals.

I am sure there a lot to the 2350 I'm missing but someone will fill in the missing pieces I'm sure...
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pete1990
Break out your tool bag... Or just take it to Mr Hagg and save yourself a headache. Hopefully there is no damage to the motor if you buy this thing. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Pete1990 , iceman
(07-31-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Break out your tool bag... Or just take it to Mr Hagg and save yourself a headache. Hopefully there is no damage to the motor if you buy this thing. ;-)

Trying to hold off on the Delete has it has a 2 year warranty on the truck.

They are cleaning the DPF system today so im hoping they do it right.
replyreply
The downtime alone while they keep pissing away at it under warranty will kill your revenues.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Chamberpains , Waterloo , iceman , zyNoT
(07-31-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  Trying to hold off on the Delete has it has a 2 year warranty on the truck.

A warranty that includes what specifically? All of the Cummins base & ext expired 11/2017 I understand why you are saying that but what are you going to gain?

This truck, according to that image has maintained a 30MPH avg, completed a regen every 26hrs on avg, 7% idle fuel, 400 some-odd idle shutdown overrides... This truck has idled a lot... If I was a betting man and it had the original DOC/DPF they are close to end of service life if not there.

I wouldn't be afraid of it (I own one myself) just know damn good and well what you are getting and price it accordingly. IF they are agreeing to everything there is a reason. I would want to get it hot, put the orifice in and at least see what the blow by press is with the sensor. You won't know history and/or oil consumption history.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Pete1990 , zyNoT
(07-31-2018 )Moose Wrote:  
(07-31-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  Trying to hold off on the Delete has it has a 2 year warranty on the truck.

A warranty that includes what specifically? All of the Cummins base & ext expired 11/2017 I understand why you are saying that but what are you going to gain?

This truck, according to that image has maintained a 30MPH avg, completed a regen every 26hrs on avg, 7% idle fuel, 400 some-odd idle shutdown overrides... This truck has idled a lot... If I was a betting man and it had the original DOC/DPF they are close to end of service life if not there.

I wouldn't be afraid of it (I own one myself) just know damn good and well what you are getting and price it accordingly. IF they are agreeing to everything there is a reason. I would want to get it hot, put the orifice in and at least see what the blow by press is with the sensor. You won't know history and/or oil consumption history.

The warranty is a 3rd party warranty for 2 years.(Yeah i had bad luck with them but it helped cover a little bit lmao) Covers the Engine/After treatment/Transmissions. I have the truck at a 3rd party shop right now they are looking over some things on it. Isn't the DOC/DPF the same thing?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.