Confused on this 2350 isx
08-01-2018, (Subject: Confused on this 2350 isx ) 
RE: Confused on this 2350 isx
(07-31-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  The warranty is a 3rd party warranty for 2 years.(Yeah i had bad luck with them but it helped cover a little bit lmao) Covers the Engine/After treatment/Transmissions. I have the truck at a 3rd party shop right now they are looking over some things on it. Isn't the DOC/DPF the same thing?

The DOC (Diesel Oxidation Catalyst) is first in line, it uses the exhaust heat and fuel from the aftertreatment injector reacting with the media it's made of to create the 1100deg heart to burn and ash off the DPF. This media can be "washed out" Prematurely by excessive regen, Blowby (oil) or coolant from an upstream failure. The DPF is a trap filter that can be "blown out" pulse cleaned, good, or "baked" better. Neither will last forever and you are inside the replacement window. Please let us know what they find.

One thing I can't get to anymore is the Cummins claim history. Ask the dealer if they can get it (they can if they really wanted to) or your local distributor if they are feeling particularly helpful.
replyreply
Maybe Mr Hagg will chime in on these third party warranties... He has had some first hand experience with them.
replyreply
(07-31-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  The warranty is a 3rd party warranty for 2 years.(Yeah i had bad luck with them but it helped cover a little bit lmao) Covers the Engine/After treatment/Transmissions. I have the truck at a 3rd party shop right now they are looking over some things on it. Isn't the DOC/DPF the same thing?

If your truck uses DEF fluid, are 3 ceramic devices / considered "cans" under the truck. The DOC, the DPF, and the SCR can. The DOC and DPF are usually bolted together making it look like one can, but it is 2 separate device. The SCR "can" is larger and is usually a separate-looking can.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-02-2018, (Subject: Confused on this 2350 isx ) 
I have a 3rd party warranty on my truck (premium 2k) Its paid for 2 injectors and a turbo so far. All after a demandate. Just gotta find a knowledgable independent shop to work on it.
replyreply
(08-01-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Maybe Mr Hagg will chime in on these third party warranties... He has had some first hand experience with them.

Oh i've had bad luck with them on my first truck and good luck lol. When i got my oil cooler replaced it should of only cost me $250 but the cummins dealer was an asshole and charged almost 20 hours for a dam oil cooler.. I'm not saying 3rd party warrantys are good but when u get the truck i think its decent to have for a little bit just in case the engine decided to blow up in the first 3 months lol
replyreply
(08-02-2018 )Pete1990 Wrote:  
(08-01-2018 )Waterloo Wrote:  Maybe Mr Hagg will chime in on these third party warranties... He has had some first hand experience with them.

Oh i've had bad luck with them on my first truck and good luck lol. When i got my oil cooler replaced it should of only cost me $250 but the cummins dealer was an asshole and charged almost 20 hours for a dam oil cooler.. I'm not saying 3rd party warrantys are good but when u get the truck i think its decent to have for a little bit just in case the engine decided to blow up in the first 3 months lol
worth it imo. Mine paid for itself soon after i bought the truck. 800+ labor for a single injector and 5k + labor for a turbo.. Dont take long on a 650k mile truck.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.