autoshift to manual conversion
07-30-2018, (Subject: autoshift to manual conversion ) 
autoshift to manual conversion
any of you ever turn a Eaton autoshift gen 3 into a manual? transmission was rebuilt very recently so I don't want to buy a new one, would rather just convert this one.

sick of this piece of cap, been a headache since day 1.

any special things I need to keep in mind?

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: autoshift to manual conversion
It won't work cause the case on the autoshift doesnt have the slave valve on the left side of the tranny. It'll be impossible to convert. The pic shows the valve thats missing on the autoshift   
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
I've been told you just drill holes and mount one.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
The last gen 3 i worked on didnt even have that flat surface ''block" there. It had a round edge. Would have been very hard to do on the one i was working on but maybe yours will be different. I guess crawling under the truck with a flashlight would tell you if it would be possible with yours or not. Also would have to be machined pretty accurately to install the pin thats located behind it.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
07-31-2018, (Subject: autoshift to manual conversion ) 
(07-30-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  It won't work cause the case on the autoshift doesnt have the slave valve on the left side of the tranny. It'll be impossible to convert. The pic shows the valve thats missing on the autoshift

Sorry for the highjack but, Starlight , what exactly is the cream colored object in the background of the tranny pic?
Yes I know what it is, I mean is it a II, III, a IV?
Does it run?
Can it run?
Can we play?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
(07-31-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  
(07-30-2018 )Starlight Wrote:  It won't work cause the case on the autoshift doesnt have the slave valve on the left side of the tranny. It'll be impossible to convert. The pic shows the valve thats missing on the autoshift

Sorry for the highjack but, Starlight , what exactly is the cream colored object in the background of the tranny pic?
Yes I know what it is, I mean is it a II, III, a IV?
Does it run?
Can it run?
Can we play?

Looks like a 6CT...
replyreply
Hey Brock, sure hope ya figure this one out so the rest of us can follow. I’ve got the 13mhp and was thinking the same thing. Biggest problem I was looking at is clutch pedal and linkage, I was gonna use the tranny for a core on an 18spd. Keep us in the loop and good luck:-)

User's Signature: That’s pronounced, /ˈs(k)izəm/
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.