Trailer axle seals short life
08-08-2018, (Subject: Trailer axle seals short life ) 
RE: Trailer axle seals short life
(08-08-2018 )Redland1 Wrote:  ...
Synthethic oil boils at a much higher temp than regular oil and usually extends the life of the seal.

Don't know about others but if I had an axle or hub get hot enough to worry if it is synthetic or not, the type of oil would be the least of my concerns.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: bubbanbrenda , redbeard , t700
08-08-2018, (Subject: Trailer axle seals short life ) 
RE: Trailer axle seals short life
My company had a couple seals replaced on my tractor when I picked it up. They failed about 6 or 7 months later. I found out they never cleaned the spindle where the seal rides and it was rusty.

I always clean it off, take off the rust with crocus cloth, clean again and then lightly prelubricate, then be sure to properly set the preload. I have no more issues from mine.

I run stemco nuts. I found the instructions a bit vague so I called them. The instructions vary depending if you use the OEM cone as well, so you might want to call to verify.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: t700 , Redland1

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.