Getting annoyed airing up tires.
07-31-2018, (Subject: Getting annoyed airing up tires. ) 
Getting annoyed airing up tires.
Came up with an idea today, but before I make up one, I want to make sure nobody already makes one. As alot of you know, unless you are using an air source over 150 psi, airing up tires sucks after you get past about 80 psi.

It annoys me and hurts my hands. I know, waa, waa.

Since I am also switching to a 110 psi crossfire on my drives and I run 110 in my steers, I looked at my air hose and air chuck and figured there has to be a better way.

What I'm thinking is of running my gladhand into a small regulator at 110 psi. Put a 1/4 NPT ball valve on it and run it into an air manifold with 5 ports...one with a 125 psi safety valve, the other with a good quality pressure gauge, and the other 3 with air hoses...enough to go to each wheel one one side of the tractor. Put them on with a good quality lock on type air chuck and another small ball valve.

This way I don't take forever airing up, and I can also make sure all my pressures are balanced and exactly the same. Maybe I'm over thinking this, that's what I tend to do, lol...thoughts?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Getting annoyed airing up tires.
I think your over thinking it,

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo , Rounded_nut
Way over thinking it. A simple Lockon dual air chuck will solve you delicate hand problem. Clip it on the tire and let it go. Your truck will air a tire up from 0 psi all the way up to 110 psi in 15 min or less. My truck cuts out at 130 psi and when I leave the truck hose clipped on for a long time, the max psi it'll inflate a tire is 110. Perfect for your desired pressure. If your truck only builds to 120 psi you can adjust that at your air governor on the compressor.

If your inflating at home you may want to look into a larger volume air compressor. I use a 60 gallon (I'd like an 80 but i bought it 15 years ago before trucking) and I had to break the regulator seal and turn its max psi up from 120 to 130. Now I can inflate my trailer and steers to 120.
replyreply
I ran a 3/8 line from the sec tank to a quick connect at the back of my frame. Normal air hose and grip chuck I will get the same results as Chaimberpains. 110PSI at every tire. Now, the compressor has to cycle every tire, but it works.

Why are you having to add air so often? I don't have to add air to mine but maybe every six weeks.
replyreply
This system was standard equipment on our new trailer.
https://hendrickson-intl.com/TIREMAAX

Works as advertised, so far.

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
08-01-2018, (Subject: Getting annoyed airing up tires. ) 
(07-31-2018 )in2trux Wrote:  This system was standard equipment on our new trailer.

Have that on our trailer as well works great but make sure you verify the settings on the regulator. Mine was set to inflate at 85 psi and deflate at 95 which caused some tire wear issues. I bought the tool and changed it so it inflates to 100 and deflates at 110. Only issue I had was at -35 celsius outside the valve didn't close and would have deflated all the tires. Got a heat gun and warmed it up and wasn't an issue after that.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: in2trux
08-02-2018, (Subject: Getting annoyed airing up tires. ) 
Yes most I have seen are set at 85 psi , horrible fro pulling trains . They are great systems if set right

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
(08-01-2018 )Shandro Wrote:  
(07-31-2018 )in2trux Wrote:  This system was standard equipment on our new trailer.

Have that on our trailer as well works great but make sure you verify the settings on the regulator. Mine was set to inflate at 85 psi and deflate at 95 which caused some tire wear issues. I bought the tool and changed it so it inflates to 100 and deflates at 110. Only issue I had was at -35 celsius outside the valve didn't close and would have deflated all the tires. Got a heat gun and warmed it up and wasn't an issue after that.
This is actually critical. On our tireboss deflation systems they have a heater in the valve block for when temps get to low.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
I aint never seen this much thought put into airing up a tire b4. Call me simple minded but if ur airin up tires so frequently it hurts, maybe u oughta fix the leaks?
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , bubbanbrenda

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.