Low oil pressure at 1500rpm
08-01-2018, (Subject: Low oil pressure at 1500rpm ) 
Low oil pressure at 1500rpm
Hi everyone. Im a little bit worry about my oil pressure at 800rpm oil temp 188 my pressure is 30psi and at 1400rmp oil temp 204 my pressure is 32~33psi no lucas or gear lube added. Roughly 800k on the engime
ISX 425HP 11/2008.New oil pump abd main bearings
Any advice
Thank you    
replyreply
RE: Low oil pressure at 1500rpm
34 - 36 ~ish is normal at 1500 rpm unless the oil temp is high (230+ degrees).

What you describe sounds low. -- On the ISX, low oil pressure is most of the time caused by oil filters getting clogged due to excess soot problems in the engine. If the oil pressure comes back when changing filters out then you need to solve the excess soot problems and also do a few oil changes at 5,000 miles intervals to help flush out old soot buildup.

- Older engine also loose oil pressure when the rod/main bearings start wearing out and when the cam bearings in the head wear out. 800k miles (or equivalent engine hours) is the recommendation for rod/main bearings, so if that has not been done, that should be done as well.

it can also be the oil pump wearing out.

On an engine with that many miles on it, using a gallon of 80-90 gear lube or maybe even 85-140 if it has a lot of wear in it at each oil change would help extend its life a bit and improve oil pressure too.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-01-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  34 - 36 ~ish is normal at 1500 rpm unless the oil temp is high (230+ degrees).

What you describe sounds low. -- Low oil pressure is most of the time caused by oil filters getting clogged due to excess soot problems in the engine. If the oil pressure comes back when chasnging filters than you need to solve the excess soot problems and also do a few oil changes at 5,000 miles intervals to help flush out old soot buildup.

- Older engine also loose oil pressure when the rod/main bearings start wearing out and when the cam bearings in the head wear out. 800k miles (or equivalent engine hours) is the recommendation for rod/main bearings, so if that has not been done, that should be done as well.

it can also be the oil pump wearing out.

On an engine with that many miles on it, using a gallon of 80-90 gear lube or maybe even 85-140 if it has a lot of wear in it at each oil change would help extend its life a bit and improve oil pressure too.
Thank you. I did replaced the main bearings and the oil pump and fresh new oil turned black after crank the engine. I just bought the truck 2 weeks ago. The water temp and the oil temp are in good range 180 for coolant and 204 for oil
replyreply
Have you confirmed oil pressure with a mechanical gauge? I imagine if the engine has 800k miles then so does the oil pressure gauge in the dash and more than likely the oil pressure sensor has some years on it. They could be a little worn or not reading 100% accurate.
replyreply
(08-01-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Have you confirmed oil pressure with a mechanical gauge? I imagine if the engine has 800k miles then so does the oil pressure gauge in the dash and more than likely the oil pressure sensor has some years on it. They could be a little worn or not reading 100% accurate.
I will check that next week. Probably just replace it and see from there.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.