Here she is, just not running right
08-03-2018, (Subject: Here she is, just not running right ) 
Here she is, just not running right
A little back story, I got this vnl670 with a cm870 in it. Only reason I got it because it had a fresh overhaul done to it.

3 weeks after working the injector takes out the 5 cyc liner

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Here she is, just not running right
I got 6 brand new injectors and replaced the piston & liner in cylinder 5. Replaced all of the rings in all of the pistons. New Oilers and some small other small things and had the turbo rebuilt also.

Here she is in this vid

https://youtu.be/VLJJ4b3_Oc8

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
Congrats on getting it back together. Im just hoping that you took that video before it was warmed up or is just after the 1st fire off. It has a slow building surge you can see and hear and a fuel knock thats shaking the engine. Watch the fuel water separator dance then stop. If it was warm then you may want to have a good look at the fuel actuators. Run a cylinder cutout test. Sounds like you have an injector not firing or a bank of them not responding right.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic
Thanks! Will try to get to that today. I'll post another vid when I get done.

replyreply
Deffinitely need to track down the source of that knock b4 u lose another cylinder. Keep in mind theres plenty injectors that r bad from factory.
replyreply
I have seen bad programming make them run like crap too. Just mentioning this for those who may not know.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid29080

If your unsure of the programming, back it up then put a original factory file in that belongs to that engine and see if there is an improvement.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-03-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  I have seen bad programming make them run like crap too. Just mentioning this for those who may not know.
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...0#pid29080

If your unsure of the programming, back it up then put a original factory file in that belongs to that engine and see if there is an improvement.

what section of programming would do that? Timing?
replyreply
Hey rawze, I got in touch with uni about the programming. He said he would take a look at it for me :).

So we did a cut out test and found out the right fuel actuator was bad. When I fired her up, it took a minute for the air to get out. She started to sound a lot better and ran a lot smoother.

Here is another vid

https://youtu.be/jfWSaOaqnW0

replyreply
so the mechanic is telling me its not the injectors but im skeptical so idk.

after i put 2 different fuel actuators on to test it, after a initial 10 seconds or so the engine was doing find. no shaking or nothing, was better then i thought. so i went n turned her of n got some lunch came back maybe a 1 hr later to turn her back on and went back to acting the same.

then i took 2 actuators of to see if there is any fuel coming out of the ifsm holes and there was good flow and repeated the same on both sides. good flow on the other side as well....

not sure what else to do, so monday morning im going to sen uni the file he was asking for him to check it out.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.