How much boost while jaking 871
08-04-2018, (Subject: How much boost while jaking 871 ) 
How much boost while jaking 871
Been wondering why my Jake's isn't working as well as it used to, just kinda noticed today it's only got 3lbs boost while jaking hard at 1600epm..... I swear it was much higher before.

This thing used to hold back super bees but now it won't even hold my tri axle. Boost is normal otherwise..... Gonna test it tomorrow, only other issue is my low oil pressure.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
RE: How much boost while jaking 871
On my truck setting 1 ( 5 psi) on 2 ( 10 psi) on 3 ( 20 psi and my rpm 1400) down grapevine
replyreply
(08-04-2018 )Brock Wrote:  Been wondering why my Jake's isn't working as well as it used to, just kinda noticed today it's only got 3lbs boost while jaking hard at 1600epm..... I swear it was much higher before.

This thing used to hold back super bees but now it won't even hold my tri axle. Boost is normal otherwise..... Gonna test it tomorrow, only other issue is my low oil pressure.

Exhaust leak between the turbo and cylinder head or weak turbo
replyreply
If its a cm870 the turbo actuator control module is a good culprit to look at. They leak air or just go bad and wont send proper positioning air pressure to the actuator.
Also Jake solenoids that are weak or broken can cause this.
replyreply
Ours gets up to about 18~ish psi (cm871) on its highest setting at around 1400 - 1500 or so.

One possibility is weak electrical connection to the jake solenoids. The plug going into the head and/or the slip-on connector at the solenoid sometimes makes weak contact.

Exhaust manifold and/or egr circuit leaks will lead to weakened turbo response and weakened jakes too. One culprit that gets overlooked is the pipe (pipe that has the egr temp sensor) that feeds between the egr valve and the venturi on the intake side of the CM871. They like to separate right where it meets the top of the egr valve. A hard yank on it where it goes down to the top of the egr valve will reveal if its connection is bad.

It can also be a turbo that is loosing proper calibration or hanging up at higher positions like others have said. If there are not any exhaust manifold or egr circuit leaks, then one easy test would be to manually command it to 95%+ closed at idle to see if it chokes the engine. If it can't then taking it apart and checking if the VG ring hangs up at higher positions, or there is excess play in the sector gear on the actuator is the next step.

https://youtu.be/ZUpKb5umv_0

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Maybe your low oil pressure is causing your jakes not to work properly, had same issue, fixed my oil pressure and jakes came back to life
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Brock
SOLVED

http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=3376

And Johnny would be correct, I watched a video on how the Jake's work..... No oil pressure to solenoid..... No Jake.

Thanks guys.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.