Help with pulling the programming from the ecm
08-04-2018, (Subject: Help with pulling the programming from the ecm ) 
Help with pulling the programming from the ecm
So I made it back to the shop to pull the programming from the ecm.... I'm on insite trying to find how and can't. I figured it would be intuitive. Uni told me to pull a file called C@ltr!m? Can someone tell me how or where this s.o.b is at.

Thanks ahead of time.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
RE: Help with pulling the programming from the ecm
(08-04-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So I made it back to the shop to pull the programming from the ecm.... I'm on insite trying to find how and can't. I figured it would be intuitive. Uni told me to pull a file called C@ltr!m? Can someone tell me how or where this s.o.b is at.

Thanks ahead of time.
C@ltr!m is program to work with calibration file.
If you don't have C@ltr!m you can't. Uni can establish remote connection with yours ECM if you have Inline adapter.
Don't think Cummins shop will participate.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
(08-04-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(08-04-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  So I made it back to the shop to pull the programming from the ecm.... I'm on insite trying to find how and can't. I figured it would be intuitive. Uni told me to pull a file called C@ltr!m? Can someone tell me how or where this s.o.b is at.

Thanks ahead of time.
If you don't have C@ltr!m you can't. Uni can establish remote connection with yours ECM if you have Inline adapter.

yeah after looking and looking, i figured it was software that wasnt on the laptop that i was using. ill have to look in C@ltr!m and see if i can install it on there laptop for one time use.

tho i am sure they have inline adapter, ill have to check with uni later on monday.

thanks bud!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(08-04-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  

Thanks ahead of time.

hey snail is this the adapter that you are refering to?

https://www.cummins.com/parts-and-servic...ols/inline

replyreply
No

http://inline.cummins.com/products/inline5.html

The one you showed is just a code reader with Bluetooth link to your phone.

User's Signature: I'm no mechanic, I'm just a guy that breaks down enough to know a bit.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Evotrucker
Your gonna want to just hook up with Unilevers and let him pull the calibration. Because depending on your ECM and datalink connection you can be in for a very long in depth and often frustrating lesson in the computer side of your truck and the interface to your laptop if you go into this yourself. If I were you I'd just set up an appointment with him with the inline adapter Brock linked to and your laptop and just let him work his magic. I spent a little over a month tracking down and learning Calterm and how to sort of use it and I'm not to bad with computers.
Calterm is engineering software that was stolen and leaked all over the internet. So unless your connected to file sharing sites that host it or willing to take the 90% chance that a foreign country may sell the same stolen program with a wonderful virus attached, I again would just leave this knowledge up to the WhizKidz of this site. There prices are more than fair and they will inform you of any questions you have. Truly great guys.
replyreply
ya ill sort you out, i figured just asking for a file was too good to be true!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
(08-04-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Your gonna want to just hook up with Unilevers and let him pull the calibration. Because depending on your ECM and datalink connection you can be in for a very long in depth and often frustrating lesson in the computer side of your truck and the interface to your laptop if you go into this yourself. If I were you I'd just set up an appointment with him with the inline adapter Brock linked to and your laptop and just let him work his magic. I spent a little over a month tracking down and learning C@ltr!m and how to sort of use it and I'm not to bad with computers.
C@ltr!m is engineering software that was stolen and leaked all over the internet. So unless your connected to file sharing sites that host it or willing to take the 90% chance that a foreign country may sell the same stolen program with a wonderful virus attached, I again would just leave this knowledge up to the WhizKidz of this site. There prices are more than fair and they will inform you of any questions you have. Truly great guys.

when i first saw " C@ltr!m " i figured it was misspelled and i am deeply disappointed that i haven't heard about this software ever!. I come from a software engineering background and this is weird.... so i cant find anything out about this software, google isnt telling me anything anything at all. i appreciate you kicking the door down for me because i was confused so hard about this lol. i'm wondering what kind of language this thing uses or what its purpose is. i want to play with it or fiddle around to see what its like, for shits n giggles.

replyreply
(08-04-2018 )Unilevers Wrote:  ya ill sort you out, i figured just asking for a file was too good to be true!

ahahahaha!!!!! i was happy too, i figured it would be easy peazy. but noooooo..... its not lol. i thought it would be a feature in insite.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.