Switching from hotshot to Flatbed
08-23-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
RE: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed
Thanks for taking a look.The search continues lol.
replyreply
08-27-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
@Rawze.Looking at the ECM pull I posted on post 20 With the engine speed being 4373 could it have just been a one time thing or a fault? The RPM gauge only shows 3000 rpms max. It’s one of the very few trucks in my price range with a 13 speed,3.70,485hp ISX,and under 600,000 miles,so I don’t really want to eliminate it if I don’t have to.
replyreply
08-29-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
I personally wouldn't eliminate it for that fact alone. But I would be taking my laptop and Insite to go have a good look at its history myself. 4300 RPMs is extremely high. It's tough to get it up there you would have to be coasting downhill with the clutch pushed in while it's in a lower gear and then just let it fly. Or yes it could be simply a sensor or signal problem.
that ECM print out look like a typical company truck. It may have been abused by dummies but then again how much was it abused? That's the question with all used trucks. Has it been in framed or overhauled? That could explain that RPM recording too. Maybe it came apart once.
If I remember correctly The lifelong average fuel mileage is in the 6's but it's up in the 7's since the last ECM trip reset. So maybe it was driven a lot lighter later in its life. All questions you have to investigate and look into.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Redland1
08-31-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
Well the truck sold.
replyreply
08-31-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
You have time to find the “Right” truck. The wrong truck could possibly ruin your credit and livelihood. When the right one comes along, you will be armed with information to succeed and prosper in this very competitive and non forgiving business .
I know it doesn’t seem like it, but no major problems is much better that going backwards.
You must remember, a $36,000 overhaul in a $35,000 truck, is a tough nut to crack, choose wisely, armed with information gained here, you’ll do ok.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rawze , Redland1
09-01-2018, (Subject: Switching from hotshot to Flatbed ) 
How about the Paccar motors? I have driven trucks with them in it,but they were pretty new so I don’t know about the problems.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.