Low boost PSI
09-30-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
RE: Low boost PSI
While waiting to figure out the ECM issue, I'd take the attached diagram and do some checking into the actuator wiring myself. It amazes me how many "mechanics" can't read a DVOM to save their lives. If the actuator is getting it's 5v reference signal there may be a problem with the return wire back to the ECM or a ground. Another issue you may be having is the termination resistor in the J1939 backbone got fried. Pull the harness from the VGT and check the j1939 +&- wires and see if you have 110 to 130 ohms of resistance, if not, one or both of the resistor got fried. ./uploads/201810/post_3811_1538357342_abe1cc836eca88f3447be8039823c839.jpg
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-30-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
(09-30-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  Question Rawze...would I be able to send out ECM for you guys to look at it??

You did not mention what is failing during the calibration procedure other than saying it is not turning. What did Insite say?

How about backing up the program that is in it then flashing it with the correct, original factory program listed on the data-plate for that ser# engine off quickserv and see if the turbo Actuator calibrates properly.

- Bad / incorrect programming can make one not calibrate properly too. A lot of what you describe points right towards some typical bad delete programming issues. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...5#pid29275

What I have suggested isn't rocket science, but it sounds like whoever your taking it to must think it is.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
10-01-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
I’m waiting for a response from the mechanic and see exactly what the computer said after doing the calibration. I know they had set my computer to factory and that’s when they found the fault code for the vgt. They tried calibrating it and he just told me it failed. But I’ll wait for his response. As far as the resistance I’m getting 134 ohms on pin 3-4 on the actuator harness.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.