Low boost PSI
08-09-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
RE: Low boost PSI
Your 1,000 miles away from me Rawze. I wish I was closer. I do appreciate the help tho. I’m going to get this truck fixed the correct way and I’m hoping to buy me a computer to have on hand. I will be searching for good mechanic here in San Antonio, TX where I live. I will be updating you guys on here. But like you said Rawze I’m going to start with the ECM. Just blows my mind how different my truck ran right after I swapped ECM’s. Like if someone flipped a switch or snapped their fingers and BAM!!!....all of a sudden it runs different.
replyreply
Question Rawze and other truckers and mechanics, the guy I took my truck to had swapped a Ecm out of another truck identical i mine that was running 100% good and when he installed it on my truck no changes happened. Still no boost. What does that mean? And VGT on my truck won’t calibrate at all when mechanic attempted to calibrate and thats why he tried using a different VGT off of another truck and still didn’t make a difference on my truck.
replyreply
What do you mean by identical. Same year make and model is not identical. There can be many many many things that are different between two trucks.
By the sounds of it, you may have more issues with fried wiring and sensors then just the ECM. But your starting point is making sure your ECM is programmed correctly so you can troubleshoot everything correctly knowing the brain of your engine is operating correctly with the right parameters.
replyreply
Ok I understand. Well these guy are telling a whole bunch of bull crap then. I’ll be taking it to a professional who knows their stuff. The last mechanic told me I need an engine harness but yes I’m definitely getting that ECM checked out before I do anything. And what Rawze told me made a lot of sense how these deletes can be programmed to block fault codes from popping up. This has turned into a huge nightmare guys and I’m just throwing money away with these mechanics. I will be getting in my friends truck for now to make me some money and will be searching for mechanics in the mean time. I know of one good mechanic in my area so most likely I’ll taking it to him. Man you guys are so awesome on here, a lot of knowledgeable guys and helpful as well! I appreciate everything and thanks Rawze and others!
replyreply
08-10-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
(08-09-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  Your 1,000 miles away from me Rawze.

good mechanic here in San Antonio, TX

There is not a single person or shop I would even remotely trust in the state of texas with my truck. Just saying.

so why not just get in it and bobtail it to atlanta instead of continuing to waste money?. - Set up an appointment with mr.hag and i will stop by and help you look at the programming while he helps you with the boost and other issues.

I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: zero4
08-11-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
Diablo386
You could just get a load towards Atlanta, GA and get help from these awesome people like Rawze, Mr Hagg and others, especially when they offer their help.
You will save time and money in short order.
Just my 2 cents.
replyreply
08-12-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
Fiddle farting with mechanics that dont know isx engines will cost u far more than fuel to Georgia. Theres multiple problems that could be giving the computer bad info and derating it. If u don't get that truck to someone that knows wtf theyre doing you will waste thousands and still have a broken truck. Or worse your broke truck will self destruct and then your gonna have a 18000 lb paper weight.
replyreply
08-12-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
(08-09-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  Ok I understand. Well these guy are telling a whole bunch of bull crap then. I’ll be taking it to a professional who knows their stuff. The last mechanic told me I need an engine harness but yes I’m definitely getting that ECM checked out before I do anything. And what Rawze told me made a lot of sense how these deletes can be programmed to block fault codes from popping up. This has turned into a huge nightmare guys and I’m just throwing money away with these mechanics. I will be getting in my friends truck for now to make me some money and will be searching for mechanics in the mean time. I know of one good mechanic in my area so most likely I’ll taking it to him. Man you guys are so awesome on here, a lot of knowledgeable guys and helpful as well! I appreciate everything and thanks Rawze and others!

First let me say that if I'm throwing Rawze or anyone else under the bus I apologize and feel free to bring it to my attention. Diablo, if "the one good mechanic in your area" isn't an ACTIVE member of this forum then you aren't going to be any better off than you are right now. The ideal out come for you is to invest your money in a laptop, connector, software and eat the 2000 mile round trip to go see Rawze and invest the time to learn how to handle this yourself. The second best outcome would be for you to invest in a laptop, connector and software and do the research on this forum(everything you need to know is right here...FREE), there is a few members here that will help you tune it remotely. And lastly, eat the same 2000 miles to let Haggy do it for you, but that is not free (and you don't really gain any usable knowledge to keep it running top shelf). Just my $0.02.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
08-13-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
I will be investing in a laptop with Insite soon. I have a surface pro 4 not sure if I need to buy a different laptop that comes with the software or if I’m able to download the software on there. I will need help from someone. And where would I buy the software and adapter? I would rlly like for someone to help me remote into my ECM and look at what’s going on and help me diagnose if I have a bad program on there. I have been down for 6 weeks trying to figure this truck out and 2 mechanics have looked at it so yeah I have lost so much money and now I have to drive for someone in the mean time to make some $$ to pay my bills. These guys say they will fix it and get my hopes up and I’m poop out of luck with this crap. I’m tired of it and I am pulling my dam hairs out. I don’t want to sell this truck because I love this truck too much and It was running so dam good before I put that new Ecm and had no issues whatsoever. I’m so glad I found Rawze on YouTube which led me to this site. You are all such a help and im just so thankful to be on this forum with all of you guys.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.