Low boost PSI
08-22-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
RE: Low boost PSI
(08-10-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-09-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  Your 1,000 miles away from me Rawze.

good mechanic here in San Antonio, TX

There is not a single person or shop I would even remotely trust in the state of texas with my truck. Just saying.

so why not just get in it and bobtail it to atlanta instead of continuing to waste money?. - Set up an appointment with mr.hag and i will stop by and help you look at the programming while he helps you with the boost and other issues.

I guess some people have to learn the hard way.

I had a question Rawze.....going back to my ECM with a possibility of a bad program; with all that oil consumption and oil leaking into my CAC and the whole air system would this be indication of me needing a rebuild? Truck never had a spec of oil before the new ECM and now running the new ECM the last day I drove it it used 1 gallon with me running it for 24 hour. Also would it be possible the harness is defective somewhere from when that battery cable shorted and fried my origina ECM and could be why I’m not getting sufficient boost? Thank you sir!
replyreply
(08-22-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  I had a question Rawze.....going back to my ECM with a possibility of a bad program; with all that oil consumption and oil leaking into my CAC and the whole air system would this be indication of me needing a rebuild? Truck never had a spec of oil before the new ECM and now running the new ECM the last day I drove it it used 1 gallon with me running it for 24 hour. Also would it be possible the harness is defective somewhere from when that battery cable shorted and fried my origina ECM and could be why I’m not getting sufficient boost? Thank you sir!

does it have a lot of blo-by?

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-22-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-22-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  I had a question Rawze.....going back to my ECM with a possibility of a bad program; with all that oil consumption and oil leaking into my CAC and the whole air system would this be indication of me needing a rebuild? Truck never had a spec of oil before the new ECM and now running the new ECM the last day I drove it it used 1 gallon with me running it for 24 hour. Also would it be possible the harness is defective somewhere from when that battery cable shorted and fried my origina ECM and could be why I’m not getting sufficient boost? Thank you sir!

It’s got blow by but nowhere near smoking like a sailor. Blow by is the same as when it was running good. Truck has 745k miles. Oh and I forgot to add on the thread that my lift pump is not working at all. Used to work before and when I tried starting it the day it was acting up lift pump kept coming on and off by it self and when I came to the fact that I knew it was a bad ECM that left me stranded lift pump never came back on. Installed new ECM and lift pump never came on. Doesn’t read any codes on the cluster only when I replace fuel filters and air gets sucked in becausr lift pump can’t prime so I get a low fuel pressure.
replyreply
(08-22-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  

It’s got blow by but nowhere near smoking like a sailor. Blow by is the same as when it was running good. Truck has 745k miles. Oh and I forgot to add on the thread that my lift pump is not working at all. Used to work before and when I tried starting it the day it was acting up lift pump kept coming on and off by it self and when I came to the fact that I knew it was a bad ECM that left me stranded lift pump never came back on. Installed new ECM and lift pump never came on. Doesn’t read any codes on the cluster only when I replace fuel filters and air gets sucked in becausr lift pump can’t prime so I get a low fuel pressure.

Lift pump can be a bad fuse, bad relay, bad lift pump, or bad ECM programming.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-22-2018 )Diablo386 Wrote:  

Lift pump can be a bad fuse, bad relay, bad lift pump, or bad ECM programming.

Checked fuse, checked relay...both good, I also checked the ECM wire going to the relay, and it is sending out voltage but lift pump is not receiving it. I’ve been hooking my power probe to the lift pump to get it to prime. It does work tho so it’s not bad. And I haven’t gotten into opening all that wire insulation and tracing that wire from Relay to the lift pump. Burned wire possibly from the short? Or like you said a bad program. I’m spoke with Haggs and he wants to help Look at my computer I just need to get my own computer adapter and software so I can hook up to my truck so he can remote into it and he’s going to inspect everything on the ECm and let me know if i have a bad program.
replyreply
09-29-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
Update on the 386- low boost, lift pump inop-
Truck is demandated, had a mechanic set computer to factory settings and check engine lights came on. Only code that popped up was “VGT actuator abnormal rate reading” or something rather. Vgt was not doing anything when doing the calibration test with Actuator off. So they tried other Actuators that were good and still nothing. All wiring has been checked from Ecm to VGT and was told there are no shorts or breaks anywhere. All wiring is good. Had the truck programmed again and back to it being demandated and truck still running exactly the same. Mechanic checked parameters at idle and actuator is getting 5V supply and turbo is spinning when giving it gas. But at idle Actuator is not opening how it should and turbo is not spinning and can’t hear anything.
Is it possible I have a bad ECM? Everything has been checked I mean everything. From wiring to actuator to turbo to programming...only thing left would be ECM. I bought ECM at a junkyard off a 09 international. Let me know what you guys think about this.
replyreply
09-30-2018, (Subject: Low boost PSI ) 
I believe the code was a 2636 “VGT Actuator- abnormal update rate”. Actuator does not calibrate with old actuator and with a brand new one. Mechanic checked wiring made sure harness was good from the ECM to the Actuator. Had the guy that demandated my truck take a look at it and he said nothing was wrong with his programming but idk that for a fact. He put a different program and truck runs the same. Lift pump won’t come on as well. ECM was set to factory settings and VGT still would not Calibrate.
replyreply
Seems like you are doing nothing but continuing to waste your own time and money. I will repeat myself...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...3#pid29313

replyreply
Question Rawze...would I be able to send out ECM for you guys to look at it??
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.