Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks)
08-09-2018, (Subject: Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks) ) 
Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks)
2012 Volvo VNL, driver’s side door lock, locks with the remote but then immediately unlocks by itself, passenger side is working fine. I jumped to the wrong conclusion, and replaced the actuator. It fixed nothing. Multimeter testing shows no shorts. I removed and cleaned the actual mechanism and it seems to be operating as intended. I then jumped to another wrong conclusion and replaced the central control module. It fixed nothing. It locks fine with key or manually inside.....I am stumped!
Also, airbag module has no codes so I don’t think it is triggering the unlock pulse.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
08-10-2018, (Subject: Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks) ) 
RE: Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks)
(08-09-2018 )JMBT Wrote:  2012 Volvo VNL, driver’s side door lock, locks with the remote but then immediately unlocks by itself, passenger side is working fine. I jumped to the wrong conclusion, and replaced the actuator. It fixed nothing. Multimeter testing shows no shorts. I removed and cleaned the actual mechanism and it seems to be operating as intended. I then jumped to another wrong conclusion and replaced the central control module. It fixed nothing. It locks fine with key or manually inside.....I am stumped!
Also, airbag module has no codes so I don’t think it is triggering the unlock pulse.

Thanks in advance for any ideas!

I think the only reason it would do that is if maybe the door senses that it isnt closed properly. The 2016 volvo i used to drive, did that randomly. I't was weird.... i'd look really paranoid at the truck stops checking 2 or 3 times if it did lock properly. I stopped using the remote and locked the truck up manually.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
08-12-2018, (Subject: Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks) ) 
RE: Volvo guys I could use some help. (Door locks)
Must be nice to drive a Volvo with remote controlled door locks, I drive a 2006 Volvo and no remote control remote but they do have door lock relay so it might be something to look at.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.