Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
06-06-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
RE: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems...
What if i have a Big Crack in the DPF Filter. It looks like its Burned out . Its about 3 Inches wide.. I was getting error code for DPF so my Mechanic took apart and it has a hole at the corner. and i am also getting low fuel avg on this truck. like 4 MPG. Should i simply replace the filter or should i check something else as well before replacing it.
I'm just curious why did it crack and it more looks like its burned. So could there be a Fuel leak or something.. its Prostar Cummins ISX
Please Advise
Thank you
replyreply
06-06-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(06-06-2017 )a2logistics Wrote:  What if i have a Big Crack in the DPF Filter. It looks like its Burned out . Its about 3 Inches wide.. I was getting error code for DPF so my Mechanic took apart and it has a hole at the corner. and i am also getting low fuel avg on this truck. like 4 MPG. Should i simply replace the filter or should i check something else as well before replacing it.
I'm just curious why did it crack and it more looks like its burned. So could there be a Fuel leak or something.. its Prostar Cummins ISX
Please Advise
Thank you

You will need to replace both cans, DPF and DOC along with an EGR Tuneup... But FIRST! How many miles on the truck, which ISX motor, year? Could be a number of things that have caused this... That needs to be addressed first. Nothing worse than pissing money away.
replyreply
06-07-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
Can you Please Help on this issue
What if i have a Big Crack in the DPF Filter. It looks like its Burned out . Its about 3 Inches wide.. I was getting error code for DPF so my Mechanic took apart and it has a hole at the corner. and i am also getting low fuel avg on this truck. like 4 MPG. Should i simply replace the filter or should i check something else as well before replacing it.
Please Advise
Thank you
replyreply
06-08-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(06-06-2017 )Waterloo Wrote:  
(06-06-2017 )a2logistics Wrote:  What if i have a Big Crack in the DPF Filter. It looks like its Burned out . Its about 3 Inches wide.. I was getting error code for DPF so my Mechanic took apart and it has a hole at the corner. and i am also getting low fuel avg on this truck. like 4 MPG. Should i simply replace the filter or should i check something else as well before replacing it.
Please Advise
Thank you

You will need to replace both cans, DPF and DOC along with an EGR Tuneup... But FIRST! How many miles on the truck, which ISX motor, year? Could be a number of things that have caused this... That needs to be addressed first. Nothing worse than pissing money away.

2009 Prostar Cummins ISX 578K Miles
replyreply
07-11-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
i havea 08 peterbilt with isx cummins, i recently got the ecm program to delete the dpf and egr so they are turned off but i havent touched any hardware besides the dpf filter removal. need help eliminating the egr hardware with sensors
replyreply
07-11-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
(07-11-2017 )bigboytoys Wrote:  i havea 08 peterbilt with isx cummins, i recently got the ecm program to {**Content removed by protection bot**} so they are turned off but i havent touched any hardware besides the dpf filter removal. need help eliminating the egr hardware with sensors

I would not recommend removing the hardware and sensors on the engine. All it does is to serve a big red flag to anyone inspecting the truck.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo
07-22-2017, (Subject: Fixing your EGR/DPF Problems... ) 
I read in one of the other posts here to put in a kn air filter and hollow out the dpf doc to help the engine breath better. The air filter is about 8" high, 19" wide, and 12" deep. How would that affect a Pete with a cm2350, with 108k? Would that make sensors read funny or mess up the engine? Or would the truck need a demandate to get that accomplished?
replyreply
(07-22-2017 )acfarmboy Wrote:  I read in one of the other posts here to put in a kn air filter and hollow out the dpf doc to help the engine breath better. The air filter is about 8" high, 19" wide, and 12" deep. How would that affect a Pete with a cm2350, with 108k? Would that make sensors read funny or mess up the engine? Or would the truck need a demandate to get that accomplished?

Your kidding, right?
replyreply
(07-22-2017 )acfarmboy Wrote:  I read in one of the other posts here to put in a kn air filter and hollow out the dpf doc to help the engine breath better. The air filter is about 8" high, 19" wide, and 12" deep. How would that affect a Pete with a cm2350, with 108k? Would that make sensors read funny or mess up the engine? Or would the truck need a demandate to get that accomplished?

Here is what I think of K&N. I would never use one...
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?t...843#pid843

Assuming you live in a country that allows such modifications, if hollow out your exhaust filters, some serious re-programming would be necessary (I.E. a De-mandate).

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.