Rawze's Daily blog...
07-20-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Good to hear that.. master... thats why i call u master and want to buy a house close to u... too bad i got stubborn wife... lol
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(07-20-2017 )Wildpib1 Wrote:  Good to hear that.. master... thats why i call u master and want to buy a house close to u... too bad i got stubborn wife... lol

Yup, i am the drunken master... they call me "Chief full-a-bull"!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: BobsYourUncle , Nilao , yamajason , Waterloo , amermextrucker , Toolguy
That makes me worry. I just got my new fuel lines and driveshafts back from the shop today. Just came in from working on the truck...should finish it up and give it it's first start tomorrow.

I had all three shafts in. New front weld yoke, front u joint, carrier bearing, straightened the main driveshaft, both rears got new boots and grease and the rear between the drives got a new joint and splined slipshaft (wtf?!?). Also bought all new strap kits, since they are supposed to be a one time use only kind of item.

This makes me want to replace all the other u joints as well. I normally carry a tiger tool and a spare Spicer u joint in the truck...I pulled mine because of a vibration as well.

Glad you got it fixed though...sounded pretty bad...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
07-21-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Update: ...

She was sitting getting loaded and a CR-England truck with an arguing, yelling trainer and student damn near side swiped her truck while they were backing in. Close call but no touch. Then, later in the night ...

Well, it never fails. You put a lot of work into something only to have someone back into your brand new front bumper and crack it at a fuel island. Wife was walking towards the truck after getting her receipt and the guy was rolling backwards. He lightly hit the bumper, cracking it a tiny bit (not badly though) and bending the licenses plate. -- He took off as fast as he could yelling "I leave now, I leave now!" in a heavy Spanish accent when she ran over to his truck to say something. I told her to save the dash cam footage so that I could see it when she came home.

Looks like I will have to plastic weld any cracks up when it comes home again. No big deal but aggravating. Such is the life of a truck owner these days.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
07-21-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(07-20-2017 )dhirocz Wrote:  That makes me worry. I just got my new fuel lines and driveshafts back from the shop today. Just came in from working on the truck...should finish it up and give it it's first start tomorrow.

I had all three shafts in. New front weld yoke, front u joint, carrier bearing, straightened the main driveshaft, both rears got new boots and grease and the rear between the drives got a new joint and splined slipshaft (wtf?!?). Also bought all new strap kits, since they are supposed to be a one time use only kind of item.

This makes me want to replace all the other u joints as well. I normally carry a tiger tool and a spare Spicer u joint in the truck...I pulled mine because of a vibration as well.

Glad you got it fixed though...sounded pretty bad...

I would replace all of those u joints. I learned that years ago, one goes replace them all, as the others are soon to follow, like Rawze discovered. A few years ago, on this truck, I lost the carrier bearing at a dock. If it is going to blow, I cannot think of a better spot! Towed it to a shop and got looking underneath... Found one questionable u-joint, I said replace them all, and glad I did, I was driving on borrowed time. These babies looked good on the outside, took grease, etc., but when we removed them, I honestly count my blessings. I could not believe how bad the bearings were under the caps, these things were beyond toast and certainly would have failed in short order. I was honestly surprised that I still had my drive shafts still attached! The mechanic was like holy shi#t man! LOL!

I'm stupid anal about this stuff, if there are two or more of something, I replace them all when one fails (Of course within reason). Learned this working in an auto repair shop when I was in High School. Those were fun times. ;-)
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Toolguy
08-23-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Now thats a big diesel...

Very informative video on diesel engines.

One of the most important parts of this video is at 2:36 into the video. In engines of today, they have designed out the component they are calling the "cross-head/slide shoes". This is a source of evil internal friction for modern engines that allows higher than normal detonation rate(s) to cause pre-mature piston and/or liner failures. - it is only that ECU (computer) that keeps it at bay via precise programming of detonation rate. Altering the programming alters this control and alters the engine's longevity directly.

Tags:
big diesel, piston guides, internal friction, ship diesel, giant diesel, guide sleeves, old engine, ancient engine

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Kid Rock , JMBT , fargonaz , 05ISX450 , Toolguy
(08-23-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Now thats a big diesel...

Very informative video on diesel engines.

Talk about perspective! I understand my diesel so much more now
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT
I love the videos of the old diesel sub engines with opposing pistons
replyreply
08-31-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I had Desiree here from REAL Women in Trucking, Inc. over here to provide a look at the truck she just got and give some pointers on some things to look at/do. Nothing special, she was short on time, had some freight to deliver, and was in the area.

I guess she found the forum and had asked if she could post a link to my book, and I said it was ok as long as it was offered for free just like it is here.

I made some video of going over her truck. A lot got missed that I would have done and inspected if given more time to look it over, but being short of time, I don't think it was too bad. Here is the video of it,.. It is a 4 part video...

It did not hear any air leaking when looking at the brakes, but if you listen closely in the video,.. it almost sounds like there may be a tiny leak. She should probably check that with the brakes released some time soon just to make sure.

It sounds like she wants to be on the right path towards truck ownership, but only time can tell. The odds are against people these days who don't become self sufficient and learn to work on their own equipment, and I don't think she was expecting to hear that, but that is the new reality any more. I wish her the best of luck and success just like everyone else I meet and have tried to help.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , marek4792 , JMBT , Hammerhead , zero4 , LargeCar , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.