Rawze's Daily blog...
03-31-2019, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Didn't want to start a new topic, but did want to extend my sincere thanks to Rawze and his family. Just recently I had the pleasure of being invited over to Rawze's place. Let me tell you, it speaks volumes of a person(s) character when they take in literally complete strangers to their home and treat them as if they have been there a thousand times. From the moment I arrived, we hit it off as if we had been knowing each other for quite sometime. Never an awkward moment. Extremely helpful and very very knowledgeable on a variety of subjects.

- Guys, I consider myself to be a person of great curiosity as I know that knowledge is power. I enjoy the endless quest of learning and take pride in how I apply the knowledge I have. Now, where am I going with this? They're aren't many people I've encountered so far who can honestly amaze me with the things they have in their head. Rawze is one of those guys. The guy has done some pretty amazing things through his life it seems, and I only scratched the surface just sitting and BS'n with him for a few hours. Definitely understand now how he can have the in depth knowledge about these 'big red crybabies' we rely on for a living.

- Unfortunately I only got to hang around for about 10-12hrs, as I had prior engagements for the following day and had a 400mi trip home. Regardless, Rawze offered multiple times to stay as long as I wanted and we could do whatever I needed to make sure this truck was tip top. Basically he wanted to do his best to insure my investment would return the favor. Again, truly a first class family. I couldn't be happier with the good conversation, load of information, and just general demeanor of the whole family...Once again, first class.

Rawze, thank you for the time you took. You have a gift of 'knowledge generosity' and we all appreciate it very much. If only the world could be flooded with this 'pay it forward' concept...

Really, to every contributing member on this forum, thank you. The research and info I have received is beyond what I expected. With any business their are challenges you'll face on a day to day basis. It's good to know you have people in your corner when you're staring down adversity.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid , Rawze , Wiseman , Magard , Waterloo , amermextrucker
I like the video. Same truck so easy to relate.

User's Signature: Also known as Shotgun
replyreply
My question on the video is the Dave fuel filter.

I have a water fuel separator. I don't have that Davco. Should I look into getting a davco as a replacement?

replyreply
(03-31-2019 )flatbed94kid Wrote:  My question on the video is the Dave fuel filter.

I have a water fuel separator. I don't have that Davco. Should I look into getting a davco as a replacement?

I like the Davco setup. I like the idea of seeing the filter element. Also (if working properly), the fuel level in the bowl will rise as the filter becomes restricted from contaminates. Once the fuel level gets to a certain point (a set line on the bowl) it is then time to change your filter. Not sure what set you're currently running, but this one seems to be simple and to the point. Changing the element is also easy and clean. Zero fuel spillage if done properly. Even though I worked on heavy equip for quite some time, I cant stand the smell of diesel on my hands!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: flatbed94kid , LargeCar
TruckerNick you run the upper midwest right? I run Davco 382’s with the coolant heating options and run both of my truck year round on #2 diesel.

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply
04-01-2019, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(03-31-2019 )Volvo8873 Wrote:  TruckerNick you run the upper midwest right? I run Davco 382’s with the coolant heating options and run both of my truck year round on #2 diesel.

Yes, I run upper midwest. Right now I have the fuel water separator filter that I change every other service. I'll get a pic of what it has.

replyreply
Coolant heating? That's new to me.

replyreply
(04-01-2019 )TruckerNick Wrote:  Coolant heating? That's new to me.

http://davco.com/

User's Signature: Born and raised in Vyskonsin on milk, cheese, bread, and beer!
replyreply

This is what's on my truck

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.