Rawze's Daily blog...
09-21-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
“Hope I didn’t put you to sleep” he says at the end.

NO WAY! If I listened to my teachers in school the way I watched that video I woulda been valedictorian! Thank you. I appreciate this kind of video and I find it very interesting. Super explanation with a visual, gives me a way better understanding of this concept.

Keep them coming Rawze!
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , tree98 , Waterloo , PuroCumminsPower
Don't really understand the "springy gas" part but that's just because I'm an idiot lol. Very informative, I love videos like that.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
take the springy gas as a nerf ball. squeeze and it wants to come back to its original size.

the EGR gas is not burnable as a fuel/spark/oxygen mix as its an inert gas

so in a sense the egr gas is the nerf football and your hands are the piston fuel and 02 as you smash the football with your hands it gets smaller and the controlled explosion created by this pressure is like the incredible hulk clapping his hands over yours and once the explosion is over and the piston drops lower in the hole the pressure in the cylinder starts to fall so this is when you stop smashing the nerf ball and it starts to retake the shape it was in before and has some force pushing your hands apart.

or think of the EGR gas as a coil spring the more weight and pressure you put on the smaller it gets in height but once that weight starts to come off the spring returns to its original size

most all gases are compressable you can basically take 1 cubic foot of air and compress it into 1 cubic inch with enough force and it will be pushing back with extreme force trying to become 1 cubic foot of air again.

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , Waterloo , Toolguy
Very good video. Thank you Rawze.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
09-22-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Now, wait a minute, Are You saying that all of us should go back to OEM specs and programming to achieve better longevity and reliability of these engines? Or am I missing something?
In your video You forgot to include the measurements of newer engine connecting rods compared to older pre EGR components. Those older N 14 and pre egr ISX for example.
I guess only time will show the end justification of deleting or not of these newer engines. And even that cannot be the same outcome as each driver is different. And quality of new parts is far different today from what it used to be.
Just thinking outloud...
replyreply
He's saying that these roadside hack jobs don't make adjustments to compensate for this

User's Signature: 2010 Lonestar - CM871 - 13sp - 3.70s, 2016 T680 - cm2350 - 13sp - 3.36s - skateboarder
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Volvo8873 , Rawze , Slavic S
So for longevity on these newer isx which option would give the engine a better longer life? Assuming we’re somewhere where a dlete is an option and all other variables are the same. A stock engine with EGR, stock engine w EGR and legal programming or a properly deleted engine?
replyreply
I don't think some of you watched the video lol.

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
I think it would be about the same for a properly maintained egr dpf truck and a demanned one...the demanned it you drove it really easy would probably live longer due to no soot in intake air. The demanned would also cost less to maintain and cause less headaches due to bunch less sensors and parts to break/deteriorate.

replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.