Rawze's Daily blog...
06-25-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
yep, that was quite a mess and quite an interesting trip home :girl:
Could not have made it without 389DRIVER :super_man:

all I did was drive it :grimace: Rawze gets to fix it :big_smile:

User's Signature: - Trucker by choice
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Waterloo , LargeCar
(06-25-2017 )Overdrive Wrote:  yep, that was quite a mess and quite an interesting trip home :girl:
Could not have made it without 389DRIVER :super_man:

all I did was drive it :grimace: Rawze gets to fix it :big_smile:

If I get down that way.. I'll be more then happy to help for as long as I can in anyway I can.. I'm forever in your and Rawze debt..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , Overdrive
Fleabay has a black steel one.. Rawze this is around my company office.. I could make that run to the office then get a load to atl..
http://m.ebay.com/itm/International-Pros...Ciid%253A1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
(06-25-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Got the back end all back together except for the drive-shaft. I have to get one made, none in stock and eaton is saying 78 days wait on one. I will go tomorrow to a drive-line shop and have them make me one custom.

The front of the truck is still damaged heavily and I need pretty much the entire lower bumper assembly. It is mangled and twisted and both halves of the bumper are shattered with many large pieces missing on the drivers side.

I have managed to plastic-weld all the cracks and split areas of the passenger side carbon composite bumper inner shell fairly well. Passenger outer shell is in good shape too. Pretty sure both can be saved but inner metal framework is toast. The right side is a gonner with many missing pieces too large to bridge and weld. right side outer shell is split in a hundred pieces too.

What about a used drive shaft?
replyreply
(06-25-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Got the back end all back together except for the drive-shaft. I have to get one made, none in stock and eaton is saying 78 days wait on one. I will go tomorrow to a drive-line shop and have them make me one custom.

The front of the truck is still damaged heavily and I need pretty much the entire lower bumper assembly. It is mangled and twisted and both halves of the bumper are shattered with many large pieces missing on the drivers side.

I have managed to plastic-weld all the cracks and split areas of the passenger side carbon composite bumper inner shell fairly well. Passenger outer shell is in good shape too. Pretty sure both can be saved but inner metal framework is toast. The right side is a gonner with many missing pieces too large to bridge and weld. right side outer shell is split in a hundred pieces too.
Not that it helps, but if you were closer I'd give you the bumper I took off my truck...I put a herd bumper on instead of that plastic pos.
replyreply
(06-25-2017 )big_roy Wrote:  

Not that it helps, but if you were closer I'd give you the bumper I took off my truck...I put a herd bumper on instead of that plastic pos.

There's enough of us here to get him that bumper if he's interested in it..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , kalsandhu
EX Guard makes a really good bumper guard for 1200 bucks and you can still keep the plastic bumper if you wish.
replyreply
06-26-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(06-25-2017 )marek4792 Wrote:  EX Guard makes a really good bumper guard for 1200 bucks and you can still keep the plastic bumper if you wish.

My front end is already 12,300 bobtail with that hendrickson air-suspension front end. A deer gaurd, even a small one would make that worse.

(06-25-2017 )Mrkentee Wrote:  What about a used drive shaft?

I looked at the local junk yards and was not impressed. Most of them, the splines were already as worn out as mine was with a million miles on it. - Guess I am just picky that way when it comes to repairs. I am just going to go with new components if possible since I have to replace it.

(06-25-2017 )big_roy Wrote:  Not that it helps, but if you were closer I'd give you the bumper I took off my truck...I put a herd bumper on instead of that plastic pos.

I would likely take you up on that offer if you were within a days driving distance. Don't know where you are at. -- No real big deal though,... I will look at the junkyard here in atlanta to see if they have a frame that is not mangled and an inner right-half shell that I can plastic-weld. Those inner carbon composite shells are notorious for cracking and failing on most of them. Should be fairly easy to find one in need of repair that is not missing a lot of pieces. It is quite easy to fix them by melting the cracks, embedding stainless steel mesh with a hot iron, then using fiber-rods on them.

https://amzn.to/2H31SFb

and the screen mesh out of 304-stainless ...

https://amzn.to/2V9RLH8

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Mrkentee
06-26-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Rawze, Idk the weight difference on that steal bumper, but I just found out that I have to go to the office and that Elk Grove Village, IL. If you need anything from around there let me know. A load from Chicago down to atl shouldn't be hard to find..
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.