Rawze's Daily blog...
04-25-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
(04-25-2016 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-20-2016 )RPM1 Wrote:  do u have any picks of the main bearings ...

Here is pic of the main bearings from left to right. The furthest right bearing was underneath the coolant drip.

those look Pretty darn good for 900k miles , that gear lube helped allot , now if cummins only had like 50-60 psi oil press i think they would look even better . some day when we chat on mumble remind me an i will tell u how we use to re route the oil an coolant on a small block chevy to get more even cooling an oiling , i am sure the same Prinispales would apply to the isx as i remember some one saying the cam bearings wear only getting 15 psi . but yes that whole motor of your's looks so nice inside .
replyreply
05-05-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
So how's the rebuild going? Those bearings look great for the amont of miles on them!

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
(05-05-2016 )in2trux Wrote:  So how's the rebuild going? Those bearings look great for the amont of miles on them!

Finishing up,... made a LOT of video footage of the whole thing.

I need to have the clutch replaced. It is one of those really cheap-o clutches that has reached the position where they will act up badly.

Yesterday we got the oil pan, intake manifold, and several other external components back on. We also got some hydraulic hoses made for a 12-volt pre-oiler pump that Yamajason was kind enough to donate towards the cause.

I am/did not replace any more than I have to. I am not going all out like most people do,.. but going low-rent, though I am doing the job right with only certified components.

The only thing I really re-painted was the oil pan. It was rusted a bit, and getting it out is a real pain in the arse because of the air-suspension front end. ... So I painted it with many many coats of paint so that it will hold up another million hopefully.

I am trying to get footage of just about every detail of everything we did. -- It is a lot of video footage that covers a whole lot of stuff!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Looking forward to seeing the videos!
The 12 volt pre oiler sounds like something well worth having. I missed that info if someone could repost the link. Is it anything like Dr ISX's idea?

User's Signature: 2010 386 Pete CM871, 13 spd. 3.55
replyreply
Curious on the pre oiler as well.
replyreply
05-07-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I got the radiator in it yesterday, filled and flushed it, and filled it again with just water for now.

Cranked the engine over, tortured the starter a bit, until it made good oil pressure, then fired it up.

I had someone yelling for me to shut it off right away! --- Oooppss.... Forgot to hook up the transmission lines at the bottom of the radiator lol. Oil was pouring out.

Fixed that, and fired it up again -

I manually moved the turbo to a very high position and let it get the engine good and hot to cook everything off and seat the rings. Seems to run good so far.

Hopefully, today I will be able to get it back together enough to bring it home,.. then finish all the detail work here at the house like securing wiring, etc.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Toolguy
That low of a wear is amazing,
Thanks for sharing Rawze
replyreply
Yeah can't wait for the videos and hopefully a price breakdown.
replyreply
05-09-2016, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Prelub™ Starters

The Problem: All engines suffer from accelerated wear as a result of periodic dry starts - especially today's high performance, fast starting diesels. No engine is immune. Dry starts can occur in severe hot or cold weather, after prolonged shutdowns, or following routine oil changes.

The Solution. The Cummins Prelub™ system automatically, safely and quickly fills filters and all oil passages prior to cranking - every time your customer's engine starts. Even remote mount oil filters pose no problem. And should someone forget to put oil in an engine, the Prelub™ system will not even allow the engine to begin cranking. . .a nice benefit that means added protection and peace of mind.

The beauty of the design is its simplicity. Just turn the existing start switch. This rotates the starter armature and oil pump (incorporated in the starter) for a few seconds until proper oil pressure is achieved. Then, and only then, will the engine crank.

Simple Installation. Installing the Cummins Prelub™ system is as easy as changing a starter. Simply remove your customer's conventional starter and install the Prelub™ starter. Attach two hoses, a pressure switch, a switch/timer assembly, a simple wiring harness. . .and you're done. Only three basic Prelub™ models fit virtually all Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and other heavy duty diesel applications. Air start applications can also be accommodated.

It Doesn't Cost-It Pays. A Cummins Prelub™ starter can save your customer thousands of dollars in engine overhaul costs. Pay-back period for the initial investment can be as low as six months. And if the Prelub™ system saves just one turbo over the life of the engine overhaul, it has virtually paid for itself.

Protect Your Customer's Equipment Investment. Recommend the patented Prelub™ starters in both New and ReCon models to your customers today! Prelub™ is a registered trademark of RPM Industries, Inc.

Features

Eliminates "dry start" wear from severe hot and cold weather, after pro-longed shutdowns and following routine oil changes
Builds oil pressure in seconds- before your engine cranks
Protects your engine investment and avoids catastrophic failure
Cummins New and Cummins ReCon models available
Three basic models handle virtually all Cummins, Caterpillar, Detroit Diesel and other heavy duty applications
Fast, easy installation
One year/unlimited mileage (kilometers)/unlimited hours warranty
Backed by the largest independent service network in the world-Cummins
Top of Page

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply
 Thanks given by: 386lover

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.