Rawze's Daily blog...
11-05-2017, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Our truck is headed from Los Angeles to Florida. Got 24k in a 53-ft reefer east across I-10. Those other 3 new injectors helped a bit. in the last 3 fill-ups, they total 340 gallons for all 3. Fuel mileage to the pump is 9.226 mpg, 8.539 mpg, and 9.053 mpg.

Not bad for a truck that has 1,133,000 million miles as of 90 miles ago.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , Ironhead , Toolguy
(11-05-2017 )Rawze Wrote:  Our truck is headed from Los Angeles to Florida. Got 24k in a 53-ft reefer east across I-10. Those other 3 new injectors helped a bit. in the last 3 fill-ups, they total 340 gallons for all 3.

Not bad at all.... But that fuel mileage!!!! DAMMIT BOY!!!! THTS AWESOME.....
replyreply
(11-05-2017 )KennyChatmon Wrote:  ...
Not bad at all.... But that fuel mileage!!!! DAMMIT BOY!!!! THTS AWESOME.....

actually, that is pretty typical of my truck. i am a hyper-miler that does everything possible (within reason of course) to maintain high mileage.

I know of several guys running custom high-mileage tunes who have IFTA in the 9+ mpg range regularly. BTW. you were asking about HP on another thread. i have 450 in my truck and that seems to be its sweet spot for best efficiency for us when combined with the way we drive. I have had that truck set everywhere from 450 to 650 hp and in between several places over the years and tried it all. no money in more hp for us and we haul 78 - 80k regularly.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: JMBT , hhow55 , Toolguy
02-04-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Just dropped 125 gallons of fuel into the tanks. Between Eloy, AZ, and Shreveport, Louisiana. -- Got 35k of fruit in a reefer --> It just busted 9.487 mpg measured.

Gotta love that prostar with 871 engine. I don't care who you are,.. that kind of mpg is how you make money out here.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: the missing link , Hammerhead , Chamberpains , Waterloo , dhirocz , zero4 , LargeCar , JMBT , Toolguy
04-27-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Finally got around to editing some video footage. Decided to post this clip without editing it. Maybe it will help others out there...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Pd6cas2 , nirubini , Shandro , JMBT , Toolguy
04-27-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(04-27-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  Finally got around to editing some video footage. Decided to post this clip without editing it. Maybe it will help others out there...

Rawze, you talked about stress. One thing I noticed years ago is when I drive my 90 kph I expect everyone to pass me, they do, and the stress level is low. A few times I was fighting my log book to get home before the hours ran out and I was up 105 - 110 kph (the speed limit near home), and everyone was still passing well above the limit which pissed me off, which resulted in high stress levels.

Watching this episode of Top Gear I realized some of the lessons Jackie Stewart is giving James May to go fast, will also apply to reducing fuel consumption. Most notably be smooth, and when coming out of a corner never push on the throttle until you know you won't have to lift.

User's Signature: Too young to quit........Too old to change.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: LargeCar
08-24-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I had to service my doors on my prostar. The key locks were so worn out that you have to fiddle with them to get the doors unlocked.

I made some videos of it and posted them on youtube for those who might be interested in how to get the doors apart and service them. It is a 6-part series of roughly 10 minute videos...

===========

I also had forum member "flatbed94kid" here with his CM2250 2013 Freightliner. I had never messed with the fuel pump on one of these and we tackled replacing the guts in it as a preventative maintenance. The truck has just over 500k miles on it.

It is a good thing we did this, his rollers were just starting to get chewed up and getting real bad. He also had the ceramic plungers in it they were just starting to chip, and it was right on the brink of destroying itself along with the whole engine. The bad rollers also took out the cam in the bottom of the pump too, so he needed a whole new pump.

Changing that pump on a freightliner cascadia is not easy to do as there is little to no clearances between the pump and the frame, but we got it done. We had to remove the power steering reservoir and pump + most of the hoses, pipes, and brackets in the surrounding area to get clearance to get it out.

-- Thanks for stopping by and sharing this project with me Mr. flatbed94kid, we enjoyed your company and viewpoints on things. Hopefully you will not have any issues with that fuel pump until it needs servicing again in another 400k miles.

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress , Waterloo , redbeard , Rockhwy , flatbed94kid , fargonaz , kalsandhu , LargeCar , JMBT , Toolguy
10-03-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I helped forum member Wildpib replace his rod and main bearings. Made a video blog of it, maybe it will help someone out there some time...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: dunwitit , Waterloo , Roysbigtoys , Signature620 , kalsandhu , snailexpress , wildpib , LargeCar , juicefromaus , JMBT , Toolguy
11-09-2018, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Forum member 'The Missing Link' was over for a couple days to visit. We kinda played around with a new controller box I am making here and just hanging out. I made a youtube video of us playing with it and checking his VG turbo. Here is the videos..

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , marek4792 , Chamberpains , johnnydngrs , Hammerhead , ZeroNthedark , MommaBurt , flatbed94kid , Kid Rock , Waterloo , in2trux , juicefromaus , JMBT , amermextrucker , Toolguy

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.