Rawze's Daily blog...
04-18-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
RE: Rawze's Daily blog...
Made a youtube series on how to rebuild a turbo actuator. Maybe it helps others out there.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hookliftpete , Lonestar10 , tree98 , Volvo8873 , Baco74 , JMBT , Chamberpains , Brock , Riderivas45 , marek4792 , Mattman , dhirocz , amermextrucker , Roysbigtoys , redbeard , Mrkentee , JimT , PuroCumminsPower , Toolguy
04-18-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
I wonder how hard it would be to reconfigure or recreate another mode on the aurdino controller to have it work on an x15 actuator or simply making a jumper harness for it would make it work if the software and hardware changes aren't too drastic.
replyreply
04-19-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
(04-18-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I wonder how hard it would be to reconfigure or recreate another mode on the aurdino controller to have it work on an x15 actuator or simply making a jumper harness for it would make it work if the software and hardware changes aren't too drastic.

The box I made will run all Holset actuators. The ISX, The X15, The ones seen on dodge pickup-up trucks, ... all of them. It will also run Volvo actuators, as they are made by Holset as well.

I can test Detroit actuators with it too, but i do not have a Detroit engine to use for reverse engineering the command codes, so what i have in functionality so far for them is limited. - Seems Detroit has their own set of command codes different than the others.

-- Just to let everyone know,... those X15 VGT actuators are complete F$king garbage!-- Teflon bushings in them instead of actual bearings for the gears, a bunch of quick-connect pins and simple wire-clips for motor windings, and a lot of other half-arssed design flaws in them. - I see people having many problems with them in the future.

Not only that, but they use a glue to hold all the half-arssed connections together instead of properly soldering everything .. makes it where you cannot service it without destroying it when getting it apart unless you have some serious patience cutting away at the glues a little at a time as it comes apart.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: tree98 , marek4792 , snailexpress , Toolguy
(04-19-2020 )Rawze Wrote:  
(04-18-2020 )marek4792 Wrote:  I wonder how hard it would be to reconfigure or recreate another mode on the aurdino controller to have it work on an x15 actuator or simply making a jumper harness for it would make it work if the software and hardware changes aren't too drastic.

The box I made will run all Holset actuators. The ISX, The X15, The ones seen on dodge pickup-up trucks, ... all of them. It will also run Volvo actuators, as they are made by Holset as well.

I can test Detroit actuators with it too, but i do not have a Detroit engine to use for reverse engineering the command codes, so what i have in functionality so far for them is limited. - Seems Detroit has their own set of command codes different than the others.

-- Just to let everyone know,... those X15 VGT actuators are complete F$king garbage!-- Teflon bushings in them instead of actual bearings for the gears, a bunch of quick-connect pins and simple wire-clips for motor windings, and a lot of other half-arssed design flaws in them. - I see people having many problems with them in the future.

Not only that, but they use a glue to hold all the half-arssed connections together instead of properly soldering everything .. makes it where you cannot service it without destroying it when getting it apart unless you have some serious patience cutting away at the glues a little at a time as it comes apart.

WTF??? Wow as usual price goes up and quality goes down. Can they be taken apart and rebuilt correctly with bearings and solder?

User's Signature: im_seeing_parameters_in_my_sleep 1
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Waterloo
The old ways of rebuilding is going to the way side. Things are not made to be rebuilt anymore. Now days it's remove and replace. Throw away mentality. These new trucks are going to cost so much to repair and maintain that it will come to a point of junk the truck and get another one.

Just my opinion.

User's Signature: 2015 Kenworth T660
replyreply
Mattman: I think you are right. The problem is how will us one truck O/O’s compete with mega companies when you have to replace an incredibly expensive truck every 3 years or so?? Scary sh&t!

User's Signature: Anti-seize EVERYTHING, Except injectors...Use Petroleum Jelly!!!
replyreply
09-20-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Just uploaded a new video. this one is about egr deletes and the things I talk about with drivers when they are asking about that kind of thing and why so many deletes are bad. Maybe it helps someone out there understand some of this srtuff a bit better...

replyreply
 Thanks given by: Papa_Buck , tree98 , Brock , amermextrucker , Nostalgic , Zondo956 , Lonestar10 , Roysbigtoys , Waterloo , Volvo8873 , marek4792 , ahub86 , 74bassman , kalsandhu , Baco74 , Toolguy
09-21-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
That did explain quite a bit... Need more of these.

User's Signature: 2008 ProStar, OEM 600hp CM-871, 18spd, 3:42, in framed in Rawze's driveway. Every day is a fresh new episode of, "The Twilight Zone"... Rod Serling lives rent free in my head. I can smell the Chesterfields.
replyreply
09-21-2020, (Subject: Rawze's Daily blog... ) 
Thats is some pretty work right there.

Just the fact how they are now engineering the mill around EGR is kinda fascinating.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.