[split] Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
04-19-2016, (Subject: [split] Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week... ) 
RE: [split] Well, she bit the dust, In Frame this week...
Thinks those great aerodynamics combined with these weights don't require significant torque?

Attached File(s)Image(s)
./uploads/201604/post_895_1461105473_d244f518d07b1427b021e956e551c5eb.jpeg
replyreply
That truck is a 2016 600 Cummins with a milk money delete by a board member here and 26k miles on it.
Out of the truck yard in Kansas City heading west into a head wind it managed a respectable for a car hauler 3.7 mpg.
My 920k mile cat running 10 mph ahead of it got 5.8 mpg, the worst its' ever done.

This original post was under things that might help other people.
I thought I would contribute some real world data people might find interesting.
This is Rawze' sand box and he's entitled to his opinion that there is only one relevant engine and truck style for the entire transportation industry.
replyreply
Specking trucks, I needed a versatile unit, was hauling propane, the drop steerable axle was a wished for plus, two line wet kit, Tri Pac, 600 hp, 18 spd, and the locker. The ISX I had already owned without issue... But I was dumb as a stump about these government trucks... I paid for it, but, I know what I have now. Where I go now, my customers, that big old Pete could not get into half of the places I go. I struggle at times with my 244" wheelbase.... I miss my Pete, I miss the hood and I miss the .89 fuel too... I bitch allot about my ProStar, but right now, knock on wood, I'll be keeping her. She still has a clear title, and hopefully another million miles in her. God willing.
replyreply
[quote='Texasdude74'
I thought I would contribute some real world data people might find interesting.
This is Rawze' sand box and he's entitled to his opinion that there is only one relevant engine and truck style for the entire transportation industry.
[/quote]

I think you took it personally. You shouldn't. He (Rawze) stressed many times and made it very clear that whatever he writes is toward everyone willing to learn something , and not directly toward whoever wrote his personal opinion here . All our knowledge, experience and fair share of mistakes make us stronger and better then ever before!!!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.