Isx15 2350 no oil pressure at start up
08-15-2018, (Subject: Isx15 2350 no oil pressure at start up ) 
Isx15 2350 no oil pressure at start up
Im having an issue on my start up it happen to me before after waking up in the morning first start up the truck and no oil pressure reading just O and red light blinking i let it idle for a while but still no pressure so i shut engine off and i start it back up again still no pressure untill the 4th start i let it idle for 1 min and there i got oil pressure reading on my gauge back on normal. The sensor was just replace 8k miles ago brand new from cummins i dont know if the sensor was bad or i have an oil pump issue please help me out if anyone have this experience i would really appreciate it..
replyreply
RE: Isx15 2350 no oil pressure at start up
First thing to do is change the oil filter to see if it's plugged. Failing that, I'd be pulling apart the oil pump and checking the bottom end. Be sure to check oil pressure with a manual gauge to ensure the sensor is correct.
replyreply
Manual gauge to verify the complaint, if man gauge shows pressure change sensor, if no pressure then change filter, if still no pressure.... man oh man...
replyreply
ITS Been good after all that issue i really dont know whats going on with the sensor or if its was just a sensor failing I hope it was just the sensor minor fix but i will soon check my oil pan just to see whats goin on fown there at the oil pick up tube.
replyreply
Pressure sensor reports to ECM. Gauge will read this off the CAN network. It could be good sensor / bad gauge. If it acts up again and you have access to INSITE it would be something to monitor.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Signature620

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.