Can someone tell me exactly what this is called???
08-16-2018, (Subject: Can someone tell me exactly what this is called??? ) 
Can someone tell me exactly what this is called???
I have a 2014 International Prostar ISX 15 CM2350 and I need help figuring out what this is **see photo** Don't clown me, guys. I will be taking a Diesel Engines course here soon...   

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

replyreply
RE: Can someone tell me exactly what this is called???
That has nothing to do with the engine...not directly anyway. I pull tanks and I have a set of those behind my cab, they are quick connect couplers used for running in transit heat to a tanker trailer.

I picked up replacements at tractor supply. Most hydraulic and marine shops carry them too. Most are tee'd in at the heater core in the bunk.

I can't tell where those are installed in the pics, but hopefully that helps. I have no idea what else those could be used for other than ITH, but all I've done is tanker...

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55
Quick connect hydraulic fitting. They can be used to transfer any kind of fluid to/from a hose with a female fitting. Could be an oil drain point, coolant drain point, hydraulic supply to trailer, etc. You really have to work out where the hose runs to and tell us where this fitting is actually located.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: hhow55 , Brock , imalumberjack
Ive seen that fitting in some kw's. Located on LHS frame rail of the truck at the steering tire. Its to manually air up the system without starting the engine such as inside a shop or any other enclosed erea. Not all truck have that. Hope that helps.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Brock
Mine has one...but it's quite a bit smaller than that.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
I have that fitting on my truck. Was used as a quick engine oil drain by the shop that serviced the truck. They had a pnuematic diaphram pump that could suck the hot engine oil out in 5 minutes. Never had the drain plug out on mine till I purchased it from them.
replyreply
08-17-2018, (Subject: Can someone tell me exactly what this is called??? ) 
Ok, thank GUYS...... I followed the line that is connected to the back of it and it connects to the oil pan. I've never seen it before on any International I have driven (I just purchased this truck a week ago) thanks again for your replies...
replyreply
(08-17-2018 )Mason3m5m7 Wrote:  Ok, thank GUYS...... I followed the line that is connected to the back of it and it connects to the oil pan. I've never seen it before on any International I have driven (I just purchased this truck a week ago) thanks again for your replies...

That's what I would have said yesterday if this damn machine would have connected at location.
Company I drove for in 16 hauling tanker had areoquip on all truck oil pans, then we used a suction hose to a tote for oil changes.
Maybe fittings were Parker!
One thing I would say, get a dust cap for the male, you rub up against it doing PTI, you may be wearing oil, depending on if have a little blow by.

User's Signature: "KW is my choice of trucks"
replyreply
Yep, Parker makes them, I use a set to drain my radiator/cooling system.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.