Vorad Smart Cruise Control
08-18-2018, (Subject: Vorad Smart Cruise Control ) 
Vorad Smart Cruise Control
Anyone have Vorad smart cruise expertise?

I have a 2007 ISX CM870 with Vorad cruise control which intermittantly shows a 784 fault code. Not much data that I have found from the Cummins ECU side although there is quite a bit of data available on the Eaton Vorad technical documents.

The Vorad doesn't show any faults but stops working whenever the Cummins ECU shows a fault.
replyreply
RE: Vorad Smart Cruise Control
I recently rented a 2018 International with adaptive cruise control. It's awful. If it's your truck, I'd figure out a way to get rid of it, probably through programming. It's not like the mandated emissions, it's an option that you can get rid of. Just my two cents.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I've used it for a few years and really like it. It takes the workload way down especially in light and moderate traffic. I've talked to folks on both sides of the fence but I adapted to it, read the manual to learn how it thinks and don't like to drive without it. Like power steering and normal cruise control, it's just another tool that makes driving easier, IMHO.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: pearce trucking
08-19-2018, (Subject: Vorad Smart Cruise Control ) 
(08-18-2018 )hypoxia Wrote:  I've used it for a few years and really like it. It takes the workload way down especially in light and moderate traffic. I've talked to folks on both sides of the fence but I adapted to it, read the manual to learn how it thinks and don't like to drive without it. Like power steering and normal cruise control, it's just another tool that makes driving easier, IMHO.

A decent driver could kick the teeth out of it in fuel savings though,..--- Never trade lazyness for profits!. Drive that thing and learn to stay off that automated crap!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Chamberpains , Rockhwy
08-19-2018, (Subject: Vorad Smart Cruise Control ) 
(08-18-2018 )hypoxia Wrote:  Anyone have Vorad smart cruise expertise?

I have a 2007 ISX CM870 with Vorad cruise control which intermittantly shows a 784 fault code. Not much data that I have found from the Cummins ECU side although there is quite a bit of data available on the Eaton Vorad technical documents.

The Vorad doesn't show any faults but stops working whenever the Cummins ECU shows a fault.

Communication issue. Check wires for rubs and connectors for corrosion...or just disable it as I've always found it more of a headache than a worth.

Will need someone with the ability to work with the trucks BCM if its a shaker.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.