Mack Air Compressor Excessive Carbon
08-20-2018, (Subject: Mack Air Compressor Excessive Carbon ) 
Mack Air Compressor Excessive Carbon
2007 Mack CXN613 has had at least 3 air compressors on within last 18 months. Customer says excessive carbon builds up, stops up governor, dryer, etc. I just checked cooling lines and they seem to be unrestricted. Air supply to breather seems ok but has oil residue in it. This line feeds off air filter hose between turbo and air filter housing. Wabco compressor and looks as though everything I see air related has been changed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
replyreply
RE: Mack Air Compressor Excessive Carbon
Only thing my brain can think of us the air filter is plugged allowing the turbo to put a vacuum on the compressor sucking the sooty oil around the rings.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: mayhem1
I checked that...new element and this company keeps them serviced. Wabco says it's air leaks causing compressor to over work.
replyreply
(08-20-2018 )mayhem1 Wrote:  I checked that...new element and this company keeps them serviced. Wabco says it's air leaks causing compressor to over work.

It could be be just that... After i got my truck back, i noticed a new leaking sound, great something else that needs to be rebuilt or fixed. It was my air dryer, one of the lines was leaking badly. Could have be put out of service for it or not, so i sprayed some soapy water around on it and it was leaking out of the fitting for one of the air lines. replaced the fitting and the filter for it, good as new!.

On my old mans volvo, his d12 was leaking a lot of air... we used soap water and sprayed on the lines and checked every one of them. none of them leaked but out of the air compressor. it was old and really rusted up, we fixed that and replaced the air dryer completely and fixed his long air leak issue.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
(08-20-2018 )mayhem1 Wrote:  2007 Mack CXN613 has had at least 3 air compressors on within last 18 months. Customer says excessive carbon builds up, stops up governor, dryer, etc. I just checked cooling lines and they seem to be unrestricted. Air supply to breather seems ok but has oil residue in it. This line feeds off air filter hose between turbo and air filter housing. Wabco compressor and looks as though everything I see air related has been changed. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!
It's really strange design. Even new air filter element has some restriction and turbo will suck some crank case gases thru air compressor. Disconnect it and put suitable K&N filter just for air compressor. Don't forget to plug the hole in air intake hose.
Something like this one https://www.summitracing.com/parts/knn-6...RAQAvD_BwE
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.