Air flow vs. rad shroud
08-26-2018, (Subject: Air flow vs. rad shroud ) 
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud
(08-25-2018 )Hammerhead Wrote:  I always use new bushings when putting them in. I've actually found the OEM bushings are crap and don't last 6 months, so I use neoprene glad hand bushings IPO on the four collars. Four hook bushings come in the universal kit, and I only have 2. They never show wear, but I change them anyway.
I NEVER slam a hood, and I'd be right beside you shaking my head too when I see that.
This T800W rad and CAC is ridiculously wide, and I think that it's actually too wide. The C-500 uses the same rad, but vertical. They use a different CAC that won't work for me, and the sister company has many of them, and they just last forever. But they have the same trouble with the 2 WH's they have.
Because I'm usually under torque, twist is just a fact of my life. I've just gotta live with it or find a different truck.
This stupid CAC on this thing is my version of the Prostar A/C. It's the flaw that is my Achilles heel unfortunately.

Maybe an added custom bracket of sorts that relieves stress?

Perhaps filling the edges where the fins meet the body with some semi-flexible epoxy to strengthen it at the joints where it tends to start leaking?. I did this a long time ago on a car radiator that would not stop cracking then leaking after replacement. It finally stopped it.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air flow vs. rad shroud - Rawze - 08-26-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.