This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles
08-26-2018, (Subject: This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles ) 
This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles
Bad hose coming from my compressor and can't find the part without going to Kenworth dealer. k342-255-015 Dynacraft 1231OLA are what is on the tag still on the hose along with a barcode. Simple flex hose. Looking for parts for this 14 T680 Kenworth is way more difficult than it was for my Freightliner. I used to only need a vin. Now when I go for parts I need to make a video or just take the truck with me. Anybody have any hacks for dealing with this problem when searching for parts? I usually use quick serve for engine parts but what about the truck?

replyreply
RE: This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles
I just filled the bed of my truck with misc hoses and dropped them off with my local hydraulic hose shop. Peterbilt no longer offered the teflon compressor discharge hose, but he was able to make me one. Took a few days for him to get the hoses and fittings for the transmission lines.

My most expensive hose was $69.74... no breakdown on which one though, but if I had to guess, it was the discharge line.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: CenPen777
(08-26-2018 )CenPen777 Wrote:  Bad hose coming from my compressor and can't find the part without going to Kenworth dealer. k342-255-015 Dynacraft 1231OLA are what is on the tag still on the hose along with a barcode. Simple flex hose. Looking for parts for this 14 T680 Kenworth is way more difficult than it was for my Freightliner. I used to only need a vin. Now when I go for parts I need to make a video or just take the truck with me. Anybody have any hacks for dealing with this problem when searching for parts? I usually use quick serve for engine parts but what about the truck?

Take the hose to a local hydraulics shop. I do it all the time for hoses like that.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Had this happen on my main hose from the compressor. And found that it already had been replaced with the same junk, all in 250k. I had the hydraulic shop make me the hose in stainless im thinkin that will be the end of the issue.

User's Signature: If it ain't broke, don't mean it won't be at some point.
replyreply
08-31-2018, (Subject: This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles ) 
I guess the frustrating part about it was that the part number was so easy to read and I could not find it anywhere. I will take it off and head to the shop. Thanks guys.
I had no idea this hose was leaking but a few clues I had a lead were the air would drain after I parked it some days, but not all, and it did not want to build air pressure occasionally. FYI These soapy suds also found a leaking CAC, ugh.
replyreply
08-31-2018, (Subject: This isn compressor hose blows...... bubbles ) 
(08-31-2018 )CenPen777 Wrote:  I guess the frustrating part about it was that the part number was so easy to read and I could not find it anywhere. I will take it off and head to the shop. Thanks guys.
I had no idea this hose was leaking but a few clues I had a lead were the air would drain after I parked it some days, but not all, and it did not want to build air pressure occasionally. FYI These soapy suds also found a leaking CAC, ugh.

You'll want to be sitting down, when they quote you the price for the cac.

User's Signature: It's hard to win an argument with a smart person, but it's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.