eaton 13spd
08-30-2018, (Subject: eaton 13spd ) 
RE: eaton 13spd
I really prefer working while standing upright with the vehicle on the 2 post. I've been scooting around on a creeper changing lines and it brings back too many miserable memories of my youth lol. At least I don't have ATF running all over me while I wiggle out from under the car with a C4 on my chest.

When the dust settles, I will say that one way or another, I want a shop with a pit. Dropping a transmission would be a cake walk with a rolling jack and being able to walk around under the truck. Not to mention ease of servicing.

But, my shop has served me well, since I actually built it for motorcycles and the 12' door was supposed to keep me from buying a truck haha.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: smorgan87
08-30-2018, (Subject: eaton 13spd ) 
RE: eaton 13spd
I never understood the guys that liked working on big trucks in a pit except for inspection and PM services. I always hated reaching over my head to get things and its just that much further for gravity to gain something momentum to smash off me. Clutch jobs, i always preferred picking the drive axles off the ground 2 foot or so. Ease of getting under the truck plus gravity helps when shoving a stubborn transmission in, being its facing slighty down in the front then.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.