Cummins isx headache
08-28-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
Cummins isx headache
Hi guys Im new here and just wondering if any one has expirience same problem like I have , ok here it is ,
Truck is 2012 PB 587 with isx eng. Running ok pulling power is there but when Im going say 68-69 mph if I step on gas pedal or if its on cruise cntrl I get instantly stop dngine light (no chek engine light comes on) turn the truck off start it and it runs ok until I get at above 15rpm and ghen same again , changed IMP sensor , Exhaust pressure sensor , crankcase sensor, diff.pressure sensor . Just dont know what could be wrong with it . And yeah engine is Mandate'd egr and dpf
replyreply
08-28-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
RE: Cummins isx headache
need to plug it in and find issue. Its hard to guess with these engines..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: rrod , dhirocz
08-29-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
Yes I went and they put it on Comp. and there was no code no nothing in there . Told me to change crankcase filter( updated one ) which I did and I put new sensor too . But still doing the same
replyreply
Okay, just so we're clear, when you reach the speed of the 68 to 69 miles per hour you get the red shut down engine light on the dash? Has the truck physically shut down on you?You pull over shut the truck off restart it then take off again now you get the red engine shutdown light at 1500 RPMs and above. Does it happen through every gear? Does it come back on at a certain speed? What kind of shop did you take it to? It's odd that the shut down light would come on and it wouldn't log a code of any sort. Did they check it with Cummins Insite or did they use a generic code reader?
Does the truck run good all the time? Including when the light comes on?
replyreply
(08-29-2018 )Edin Wrote:  Yes I went and they put it on Comp. and there was no code no nothing in there . Told me to change crankcase filter( updated one ) which I did and I put new sensor too . But still doing the same
Did they check inactive CEL as well or no active codes you good to go? Red light should be stored.
replyreply
If the engine is throwing a shutdown warning, it will make a code for it. It will be logged as an inactive code when looking at it with Insite.

Is the truck deleted? if so, who did it? -- Bad ecm program?

I suggest you take it to someone who actually knows how to work on cummins engines instead of the morons you have had look at it. ,... Take it to Mr. Hag's shop down in atlanta.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
08-30-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
Ok sorry for late respnding yes , it's happening above 15 rpm in upper gears I pulled yesterday out of Laredo,Tx like 43 k lbs all good to a speed of 67 68 mph , no problem climbig up small hills here in Missouri no problem start up hill with 64 on top Im at 60 61 mph . But as soon as I step on gas pedal gives me instantly stop eng light. Yes the shop I took it to they have in site cummins comp, NONE of the codes no Active Aand No innactive codes are stored . I Moderated it like 16 months ago and no problem untill now , Could it be bcz of fuell pressure , oil pressure I changed oil pressure sensor too it was faulty and changed it . Beggining to think what could give me that stop engine light but none is stored in Comp. Just wish to get down to Atlanta but afraid how Im going climb that Mount Eagle .
replyreply
When you release the throttle does it turn off the code? Or do you have to pull to the side of the road, turn off the engine, and restart?
replyreply
I have to pull to the side to restart or What I do press clutch in and turn off ignition and wait few seconds and turn ign back on and release clutch and is running ok . Until like I said 15 rpm
Its just headache
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.