Cummins isx headache
08-30-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
RE: Cummins isx headache
I would see if there is a software update available for your ecm. This is a weird issue that puts the red lamp on and not throw a code.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Edin Wrote:  I have to pull to the side to restart or What I do press clutch in and turn off ignition and wait few seconds and turn ign back on and release clutch and is running ok . Until like I said 15 rpm
Its just headache

How is engine running when red light is on? Oil pressure, temperature? boost? unusual noise?
Could be bad dash if no any codes stored in ECM?
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Edin Wrote:  Ok sorry for late respnding yes , it's happening above 15 rpm in upper gears I pulled yesterday out of Laredo,Tx like 43 k lbs all good to a speed of 67 68 mph , no problem climbig up small hills here in Missouri no problem start up hill with 64 on top Im at 60 61 mph . But as soon as I step on gas pedal gives me instantly stop eng light. Yes the shop I took it to they have in site cummins comp, NONE of the codes no Active Aand No innactive codes are stored . I Moderated it like 16 months ago and no problem untill now , Could it be bcz of fuell pressure , oil pressure I changed oil pressure sensor too it was faulty and changed it . Beggining to think what could give me that stop engine light but none is stored in Comp. Just wish to get down to Atlanta but afraid how Im going climb that Mount Eagle .

Just because it started out ok does not mean it IS ok.

Also, some moron may have blocked the code from showing up in the programming. Bad deletes are notorious for having a bunch of fault codes blocked off so that you can't see that the ECM is crying its eyes out over someone's bad programming mistakes. You may very well be getting a shutdown on a code that has been suppressed by the guy who butchered up your ECM.

A lot of shops also don't properly hollow out all the cans in the exhaust too. Then later on (weeks, or months sometimes), it damages the turbo and/or eventually causes severe engine damage. Much of the time when they do this, it can take a long time before the problems show up,.. and sometimes they don't start showing up until its too late.

For all you know, you could have a partially blocked up exhaust and not the turbo or engine is starting to show signs of a severe issue now. - Nothing to play with if you value your truck.

You could always pull apart your exhaust pipe just in front of the first exhaust can, down under the truck and see if the problem changes. I have seen literally hundreds of trucks where the exhaust was not done correctly, it is as common as bad programming itself.

You had better hope like hell it is not the fuel pump going bad, it destroying the engine as you go along, and some complete self-proclaimed ecu tuner idiot has suppressed the code. I have seen that too.

Are you starting to get the picture I am trying to paint here? -- You should be worried -- VERY worried! and should have been from the day you had it done.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(08-30-2018 )Edin Wrote:  I have to pull to the side to restart or What I do press clutch in and turn off ignition and wait few seconds and turn ign back on and release clutch and is running ok . Until like I said 15 rpm
Its just headache

How is engine running when red light is on? Oil pressure, temperature? boost? unusual noise?
Could be bad dash if no any codes stored in ECM?

Is running ok just on Idle speed right about 6-700 rpm oil pressure normal is just dead ( can press gas but nothing happening ) No unusual noises ,It does not have boost gauge , temp.normal oil pressure is going down (bcz rpm is like idling )
replyreply
08-31-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
(08-30-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-30-2018 )Edin Wrote:  Ok sorry for late respnding yes , it's happening above 15 rpm in upper gears I pulled yesterday out of Laredo,Tx like 43 k lbs all good to a speed of 67 68 mph , no problem climbig up small hills here in Missouri no problem start up hill with 64 on top Im at 60 61 mph . But as soon as I step on gas pedal gives me instantly stop eng light. Yes the shop I took it to they have in site cummins comp, NONE of the codes no Active Aand No innactive codes are stored . I Moderated it like 16 months ago and no problem untill now , Could it be bcz of fuell pressure , oil pressure I changed oil pressure sensor too it was faulty and changed it . Beggining to think what could give me that stop engine light but none is stored in Comp. Just wish to get down to Atlanta but afraid how Im going climb that Mount Eagle .

Just because it started out ok does not mean it IS ok.

Also, some moron may have blocked the code from showing up in the programming. Bad deletes are notorious for having a bunch of fault codes blocked off so that you can't see that the ECM is crying its eyes out over someone's bad programming mistakes. You may very well be getting a shutdown on a code that has been suppressed by the guy who butchered up your ECM.

A lot of shops also don't properly hollow out all the cans in the exhaust too. Then later on (weeks, or months sometimes), it damages the turbo and/or eventually causes severe engine damage. Much of the time when they do this, it can take a long time before the problems show up,.. and sometimes they don't start showing up until its too late.

For all you know, you could have a partially blocked up exhaust and not the turbo or engine is starting to show signs of a severe issue now. - Nothing to play with if you value your truck.

You could always pull apart your exhaust pipe just in front of the first exhaust can, down under the truck and see if the problem changes. I have seen literally hundreds of trucks where the exhaust was not done correctly, it is as common as bad programming itself.

You had better hope like hell it is not the fuel pump going bad, it destroying the engine as you go along, and some complete self-proclaimed ecu tuner idiot has suppressed the code. I have seen that too.

Are you starting to get the picture I am trying to paint here? -- You should be worried -- VERY worried! and should have been from the day you had it done.

Yes sir Hoping that is not the case but can't tell untill figure that out ! Thats least I could do crawl under there and take front part out and see how they did it or what they haven't done . Apreciate feedback
replyreply
(08-29-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  If the engine is throwing a shutdown warning, it will make a code for it. It will be logged as an inactive code when looking at it with Insite.

Is the truck deleted? if so, who did it? -- Bad ecm program?

I suggest you take it to someone who actually knows how to work on cummins engines instead of the morons you have had look at it. ,... Take it to Mr. Hag's shop down in atlanta.

Yeah that would be great just Hard to find good guy that knows his stuff around and what he's doing . MBT out of Mc Cook ,IL they did job on it and read reviews for them is terrible . I gues as you said "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" my mistake yes
replyreply
I will try n keep you guys posted whats happening thank you all guys
replyreply
(08-31-2018 )Edin Wrote:  Yeah that would be great just Hard to find good guy that knows his stuff around and what he's doing . MBT out of Mc Cook ,IL they did job on it and read reviews for them is terrible . I gues as you said "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" my mistake yes

If you get through atlanta area, I can help you look at the program + see what codes may be blocked. I have never seen even a half-decent program come from anyone in the chicago area. Most of those guys are really really bad.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
I don't known anything about Peterbilts dash interfaces. But can this be the engine side is fine but dash code is maybe a Peterbilt ECU,EDU or Comp saying the gauge isn't reading right? Maybe a Peterbilt guy might know or a call a dealership to see if this is a possibility? It's definitely nothing to take lightly if it's oil pressure.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.