Cummins isx headache
08-31-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
RE: Cummins isx headache
If you can find someone with ESA (electronic service analyst) something may show on there that won’t with Insite. For example and not related to your current problem , faulty voltage to fuel metering actuators shows up on esa on peterbilt/kenworth. This is the chassis ecm on your frame below cab on driver’s side.(2011.5 or newer) in dash on ‘08-11.

User's Signature: 36-25-34
replyreply
08-31-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
(08-30-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-30-2018 )Edin Wrote:  Ok sorry for late respnding yes , it's happening above 15 rpm in upper gears I pulled yesterday out of Laredo,Tx like 43 k lbs all good to a speed of 67 68 mph , no problem climbig up small hills here in Missouri no problem start up hill with 64 on top Im at 60 61 mph . But as soon as I step on gas pedal gives me instantly stop eng light. Yes the shop I took it to they have in site cummins comp, NONE of the codes no Active Aand No innactive codes are stored . I Moderated it like 16 months ago and no problem untill now , Could it be bcz of fuell pressure , oil pressure I changed oil pressure sensor too it was faulty and changed it . Beggining to think what could give me that stop engine light but none is stored in Comp. Just wish to get down to Atlanta but afraid how Im going climb that Mount Eagle .

Just because it started out ok does not mean it IS ok.

Also, some moron may have blocked the code from showing up in the programming. Bad deletes are notorious for having a bunch of fault codes blocked off so that you can't see that the ECM is crying its eyes out over someone's bad programming mistakes. You may very well be getting a shutdown on a code that has been suppressed by the guy who butchered up your ECM.

A lot of shops also don't properly hollow out all the cans in the exhaust too. Then later on (weeks, or months sometimes), it damages the turbo and/or eventually causes severe engine damage. Much of the time when they do this, it can take a long time before the problems show up,.. and sometimes they don't start showing up until its too late.

For all you know, you could have a partially blocked up exhaust and not the turbo or engine is starting to show signs of a severe issue now. - Nothing to play with if you value your truck.

You could always pull apart your exhaust pipe just in front of the first exhaust can, down under the truck and see if the problem changes. I have seen literally hundreds of trucks where the exhaust was not done correctly, it is as common as bad programming itself.

You had better hope like hell it is not the fuel pump going bad, it destroying the engine as you go along, and some complete self-proclaimed ecu tuner idiot has suppressed the code. I have seen that too.

Are you starting to get the picture I am trying to paint here? -- You should be worried -- VERY worried! and should have been from the day you had it done.

see i didnt know codes could be blocked of from the ECM when you connect to insite, until Uni point that out to me when looked my programming!

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply
09-03-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
Just on side note Bobtail I can go however over 15rpm and well above 80mph and every gear can max it out . 10th too , but when with an empty trlr it does not let me
replyreply
09-03-2018, (Subject: Cummins isx headache ) 
I dont know much about the cm2250's and cm2350's but it Sounds like you have some sort of governor kicking in. If you have Insite, see if you have a speed or torque limiter set. My old cm870 has settings for light and heavy load limiting also there are gear down settings on it. I disabled all of them. Their highest settings are right in the rpm range I run my engine at. So away they went.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.