2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
08-29-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
RE: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
(08-29-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  Ive got a cm870 also and pretty much got it for the reason it was over hauled.... also i didnt know if the truck got a delete kit on it... i didnt know jack sh%t about cummins or the truck!.

What i would do now different, is take it to a shop to pull the programming, when Uni looked at mine. He told mine was very weird but it wasnt bad, told me a couple of things that i shouldnt use whats so ever and other things to keep a eye out for it till i can pay him to fix the programming. It could be a difference between blowing the head or going trough several turbos + w.e else the shop or you want to fix thinking you are fixing the underlying issue. like rawze stresses the importance of good tunning. makes a world of difference!

Since the history of the motor is really really weird lol. id take my time on checking everything out.... you might be surprised like i was, the head bolts weren't tightened down properly " i took mine of with a simple ratcheted n socket.... ".

Wow that's crazy! I know that the ecm that is on this engine is the original ecm that was on the motor that threw a rod... I need to get that fixed #1...
replyreply
08-30-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
Ebay and a couple websites will have what your looking for with Cummins Insite and Inline adapter. A quick google search will find it for you. You want version 7.6.2 with SP5 (service pack 5) You do not need any version newer than that for the equipment you described. This program has also been stolen and shared all over the Internet so if you're knowledgeable in that world, its easy to find too. There's not a whole lot of difference between the inline 5 and 6 so which ever you find in your price range will work just fine.
replyreply
(08-29-2018 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  Wow that's crazy! I know that the ecm that is on this engine is the original ecm that was on the motor that threw a rod... I need to get that fixed #1...

If you swapped ecm, it could very well be you have the wrong program in it for that ser# engine then.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(08-29-2018 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  Wow that's crazy! I know that the ecm that is on this engine is the original ecm that was on the motor that threw a rod... I need to get that fixed #1...

If you swapped ecm, it could very well be you have the wrong program in it for that ser# engine then.

Well I didn't swap it personally... but I'm about 99% sure that it's been swapped because the miles on the end and the dash are the same as what the guy told me they were when he took it in there..... as far as the engine ser # the tag on the valve cover is burnt off or something it's just black where else on this motor might I find it ?
replyreply
The ECM will have the original Engine Serial Number on it. It has a sticker on the front and also it's often stamped in the back side of it. You can register that engine number in Cummins Quickserve and it'll tell you the original truck that engine was put in. That doesn't do any good for what engine you have in the truck currently. You need to track down what serial number they installed. Maybe call the place that installed it and see if they recorded it somewhere or maybe they know or can track down the VIN# of the truck it came out of. Then you can call a dealership and get the Engine Serial Number for hopefully that engine.
As far as the mileage matching, they can offset the mileage in the ECM to whatever they choose using Insite.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  The ECM will have the original Engine Serial Number on it. It has a sticker on the front and also it's often stamped in the back side of it. You can register that engine number in Cummins Quickserve and it'll tell you the original truck that engine was put in. That doesn't do any good for what engine you have in the truck currently. You need to track down what serial number they installed. Maybe call the place that installed it and see if they recorded it somewhere or maybe they know or can track down the VIN# of the truck it came out of. Then you can call a dealership and get the Engine Serial Number for hopefully that engine.
As far as the mileage matching, they can offset the mileage in the ECM to whatever they choose using Insite.

So Cummins didn't stamp the block at put the sn anywhere else but that tag?
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  The ECM will have the original Engine Serial Number on it. It has a sticker on the front and also it's often stamped in the back side of it. You can register that engine number in Cummins Quickserve and it'll tell you the original truck that engine was put in. That doesn't do any good for what engine you have in the truck currently. You need to track down what serial number they installed. Maybe call the place that installed it and see if they recorded it somewhere or maybe they know or can track down the VIN# of the truck it came out of. Then you can call a dealership and get the Engine Serial Number for hopefully that engine.

So Cummins didn't stamp the block at put the sn anywhere else but that tag?
replyreply
./uploads/201808/post_3285_1535650491_4979a2fdf92586220ced2da6788f6797.png
I've never personally looked for it there but its worth a look.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  I've never personally looked for it there but its worth a look.

well im sure its there but i think its behind the egr cooler....
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.