2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
08-30-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
RE: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP
You will need it to verify what engine you have. Because the CPL is whats important. If it is different than the ECM thinks it is than you can have all kinds of problems. Get out your flashlight and mirror and start searching.
replyreply
(08-30-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  You will need it to verify what engine you have. Because the CPL is whats important. If it is different than the ECM thinks it is than you can have all kinds of problems. Get out your flashlight and mirror and start searching.

just got off the phone with the cummins service department the guy there told me that they didnt stamp the cm870s i dont know if i believe him or not...that just does not sound right im gonna get a mirror and look behind that egr and ill get back in just a second
replyreply
How many digits is that sn?
replyreply
i searched high and low on that block the only number i could find was behind the water filter and it looked like
3883264 or maybe 3683264
i called cummins they told me that it needs to be 8 digits and i asked him again are you sure they didnt stamp the block on this model? and he checked with another guy and he came back and said no they did not stamp the 870s so i guess im SOL... there was a new discovery made today though... i got the number to the shop that got the motor and put it in and they said that they bought it from a guy that was pulling it out to put in an older motor and that the motor has just been inframed 200k ago... so i asked him if they re programmed the ecm to fit this particular sn.. and he said... wait for it... THEY ARE ALL THE SAME! so i left that alone and told him i need that sn anyways i asked plz call the guy you got it from and ask him if he knows the sn and if he doesnt ask him for the vin of the truck it came out of so i can call the dealer and get it... and he told me that he would call and get that info for me and get back with me before the end of the day that was at 9am and still no return call... so until the shade tree shop decides to call the guy they got it from and ask for the vin of the truck that it came out of... i guess im dead in the water...
replyreply
You could always do it the hard way. Look to see what injector part#'s it has installed, what turbo model, then try installing the different wedges into the overhead cams to see if it set at 4,6 or 6,6 or 7,6 or some other combination thereof. There were several variations and a program that does not match can be problematic. - A mechanic has to be a complete moron to think they are all the same.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
these guys are worse than morons... i wish i knew how to put the photos on here... you would not believe the way they left this truck... i just found some more loose stuff when looking for that stamp... the exhuast mounting bracket that bolts to the block isnt even bolted on just left hanging... there is literally no way i could possibly list everything, i would be here all night typing. thx for all your help with this im gonna see what happens tomorrow and ill keep yall updated. i think i might start a thread for my 2012 i just picked up i would like to get some input on what i should be doing to prolong its life as long as i can since it already has 933k on it lol
replyreply
For the CM870's, different ser# engines will have different CPL ratings even though some of them may have the same hardware. here is some related info on injection timing offsets ...

For CPl's 8125, 8127, 8259, 8260, 8281, 8282, 8283, 8284, 8285, 8286, 8518, 8519, 8522, - The injector cam is supposed to be wedged at 4 degrees and the valve cam at 6 degrees.

For CPl's 8287, 8288, 8520, 8521, 8523, - The injector cam is supposed to be wedged at 6 degrees and the valve cam at 6 degrees.

There may be others as well.

Tags:
cm870, cm870 base timing, cm870 wedges, timing wedges, cam timing, timing offset

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: SIDE_SHOW
08-31-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
(08-30-2018 )SIDE_SHOW Wrote:  these guys are worse than morons... i wish i knew how to put the photos on here... you would not believe the way they left this truck... i just found some more loose stuff when looking for that stamp... the exhuast mounting bracket that bolts to the block isnt even bolted on just left hanging... there is literally no way i could possibly list everything, i would be here all night typing. thx for all your help with this im gonna see what happens tomorrow and ill keep yall updated. i think i might start a thread for my 2012 i just picked up i would like to get some input on what i should be doing to prolong its life as long as i can since it already has 933k on it lol

You wouldnt shock me one bit. I have a similar story I posted on here with my engine swap done in Kingsport, TN. After 2 months and $7k in labor, A year later, I'm still pulling things apart and doing things the right way. Its all wrong in a very bad destructive way. Had I known I would have paid them to place the engine and I would've done the rest by hand in a parking lot if need be.
replyreply
09-04-2018, (Subject: 2007 isx cm870... PLZ HELP ) 
Alright you guys i finally got that s/n it is
79188948 cpl is 8520 so now my problem is that all my compiter stuff to tune it myself us weeks out... So does anyone know of anybody around San Antonio tx that could put the factory tune back in it... I was gonna take it to cummins but I have to use this truck this week and they are a week out just to tune it
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.