Air out of the service line while parked
09-01-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
Air out of the service line while parked
I bobtailed the truck to the house, and sure enough, I have air leaking out when pressing the brake pedal, trailer knob out, tractor valve in or out. Comes out of the service line on the back of the tractor.

This pisses me off...it got a service kit in the dash valve 3 weeks ago and a brand new Bendix foot valve and TP valve 2 weeks ago.

I took care to make sure it was connected properly. This didn't start until recently.

The info I find online is vague at best at narrowing down the problem. It seems to me it would be either a TP valve issue or the dash valve. Any advice on narrowing it down?

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
RE: Air out of the service line while parked
maybe this helps...
http://www.wabco-na.com/WABCO_document/tp9973.pdf
or...
http://www.wabco-na.com/WABCO_document/tp9974.pdf
or the page that lists all these manuals...
http://www.wabco-na.com/literature/Air-B...rol-Valves

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz
Well I swapped another mv3 valve in to rule out the one I rebuilt...didn't help. Still leaks.

The messed up thing is I rebuilt the original TP valve...and it worked fine even though it was in bad shape from when I bought the truck and I found the air tanks full of rust and slurry(bad dryer)...but replaced it with a new Bendix to make me feel better. Glad I held on to it as a spare.

Ill swap in the other one and take this one back to KW. Mine was special order so it'll take another couple weeks to get.

Funny thing, when I rebuilt mine, I noticed one of the shuttle valves in the valve wasn't there...don't know if it is in the new one. Nowhere in the literature did it explain this.

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1vA1EnNJZ4
Good explanation.
replyreply
09-02-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
Your tractor protection valve is defective. That is an OOS condition. Replace it asap.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze , DSTdriver
09-02-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
Just a related thought here ...
If oil from the air compressor is getting into the air lines, it can cause all kinds of seal and hose hardening/cracking issues. Make sure your air compressor is not pushing oil mist into your air system.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
09-03-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
Compressor in 4 months old, no signs of issues from it.

I just replied to an older post I made about air issues, but today I found my 2 week old TP5 jammed open because some corporate asshat thought it was a good idea to use plastic for the TO circuit vs the metal that was OEM. Swapped my old valve in and removed that plastic China junk and all is well and functioning as designed, no more air leak.

I'm really disappointed in Bendix over this. What a place to cut corners!

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
09-03-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
(09-03-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Compressor in 4 months old, no signs of issues from it.

I just replied to an older post I made about air issues, but today I found my 2 week old TP5 jammed open because some corporate asshat thought it was a good idea to use plastic for the TO circuit vs the metal that was OEM. Swapped my old valve in and removed that plastic China junk and all is well and functioning as designed, no more air leak.

I'm really disappointed in Bendix over this. What a place to cut corners!

Maybe a couple pictures so that people who may have same issue can prevent this?

replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
09-05-2018, (Subject: Air out of the service line while parked ) 
This valve. It's cheap plastic, and came out of my new Bendix TP5. I cleaned up the metal valve and dropped it in and it works smooth like it should. This one was jammed tight 1/2 in the bore.

Attached File(s)Thumbnail(s)

Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
 Thanks given by: stevesparts , DSTdriver

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.