2010 prostar eagle
09-01-2018, (Subject: 2010 prostar eagle ) 
2010 prostar eagle
Washer fluid problem. Activate switch wipers intermittently swipe 5x. But no juice. Replaced motor. Didn't help. Replaced switch didnt help. Is there a relay? I tried jumping off alternator pump comes on sprays like it should! Any ideas?
replyreply
RE: 2010 prostar eagle
Check the wiring harness..it runs along the drivers side frame rail, crosses under the radiator crossmember and back along the passenger side frame rail.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Joelbe
It might be your switch. I had same issue but on KW. After buying new switch it still didn't want to spray so I borrowed switch from my buddy that had same truck as me and it started to spray. Just because you buy new parts sometimes they are defected. Dealer didn't want to take my switch back since it was installed on the truck so I just went to auto zone bought on and off switch installed in on my dash and ran hot wire to the motor and when I needed to spray water on my windshield I just turned on the switch and it works. I have this setup for over 7 years now without any issue.
replyreply
09-02-2018, (Subject: 2010 prostar eagle ) 
(09-01-2018 )a113n Wrote:  It might be your switch. I had same issue but on KW. After buying new switch it still didn't want to spray so I borrowed switch from my buddy that had same truck as me and it started to spray. Just because you buy new parts sometimes they are defected. Dealer didn't want to take my switch back since it was installed on the truck so I just went to auto zone bought on and off switch installed in on my dash and ran hot wire to the motor and when I needed to spray water on my windshield I just turned on the switch and it works. I have this setup for over 7 years now without any issue.
replyreply
Thank you. That's my next step.
replyreply
(09-02-2018 )Joelbe Wrote:  Thank you. That's my next step.

Don't be quick to just bypass bad wiring. Find out if it is the wiring first. If it IS wiring, most likely it is where the wiring goes under the radiator cross-member at one side or the other. they are bad about getting rain/salt into it at those places, or rubbed through. Test the wire harness for the pump by activating/applying voltage to it at the supply end of the harness. If it is the wiring, FIND IT and FIX IT + test all the other wires in that area + seal the harness up properly from the elements. If you don't then you are only going to have more issues with that wiring harness down the road, like headlights going on the fritz or some other more critical issue, perhaps even (worse case scenario) an electrical fire!.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
Thank you, I will check that area and test it.
replyreply
I'm getting good volts at plug end/at pump. Does the switch work as a ground fault interruption. So you have constant 12 v but no ground till switch is activated?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.