CM 870 black smoke
09-04-2018, (Subject: CM 870 black smoke ) 
CM 870 black smoke
Before i get to far i am going to load incal from quickserve to maybe solve this issue,but anyways I inframed my 04 KW installed a new EGR and Turbo, Truck runs great but i'm not to impressed with the amount of black smoke it has under a load [which isn't much it's my field service truck] Is there somewhere i should look into to see why it smokes? I triple checked overhead and everything is spot on. The file in it came from Rawze's enimies who said it was a stock incal file but now i'm questioning that,so tomorrow i'll use the incal file from quickserve and see if that helps.
replyreply
RE: CM 870 black smoke
Im sure Rawze will chime in about the incal file and hackery from those other butchers that don't give a damn how long your engine lasts. They are at the very best untrustworthy. So yes, a good clean up to date file from quickserve can do no harm.

Also check the entire CAC system for boost leaks including the exhaust and turbo (there are instructions all over posts on this site) and then theres my favorite system, the air controlled turbo actuator system. Make sure there are absolutely know kinks, leaks, pinches, bulged air lines, make sure you have at least 90 psi supply to the actuator control module, make sure all wires are good to it and it is functioning properly, take the actuator armature off and make sure you have full smooth...(ish travel cause your have egr still, it'll be very slightly stiff but barely noticeable if moving properly and freely), make sure you have a fresh air filter im sure im missing a couple other things.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
RE: CM 870 black smoke
All of that has been checked and working properly. The so called original file I was given I'm thinking is someone's idea of a joke hack job.we will see.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.