Possible cm871 pruchase
09-06-2018, (Subject: Possible cm871 pruchase ) 
RE: Possible cm871 pruchase
(09-06-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  Now no Engine brake... What do you mean no engine brake? Like it didn't make a sound or it made a sound and didn't do anything to hold the truck back. Both are major issues for an engine brake. Cummins ISX will all but throw you thru the windshield if you have stage 2 or 3 on while bobtailing. If it had no engine brake at all then there is a wiring problem or solenoid issue. Some more details on this would be nice. How did you check the Engine Brake. Driving it or just sitting still and reving the engine. Reving the engine won't usually get them to kick on, if it does it's real fast.
Chamberpains, Thanks for sharing the possible solutions for the transmission. I've just received word the transmission output shaft is leaking. It's not a big deal they said. It will be a couple of hours and some gaskets to reseal.

They are estimating 15 hours for head bolt on the exhaust manifold.

The engine brake did not make any sound & gave nothing to hold the truck back as I had a chance to test drive the truck.

Sounds like they are willing to work things out. Thanks for the advice. I will come back with a thorough inspection.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Possible cm871 pruchase - lwood - 09-06-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.