What kind of Clutches are there?
09-06-2018, (Subject: What kind of Clutches are there? ) 
RE: What kind of Clutches are there?
(09-06-2018 )dhirocz Wrote:  Clutch time is a good time to consider:
-flywheel housing gasket
-rear main seal
-engine mounts
-transmission rebuild
-replacing your cooler
-shift tower/shifter bushings
-having driveshafts checked(wear and straightness/out of balance)
-starter
-bellcrank/rod ends or any other clutch linkage issues
-throwout bearing
-splitter in your case
-hi/low range switch on the shifter
I'm sure I'm missing a few things. I plan on having mine done all the way at that time. Just some food for thought.

How long that clutch lasts depends on a number of things, including your driving style, the lanes you run, if it was set up properly to begin with and what kind of clutch it is, weight, etc...

I've got going on 200k on mine, no problems so far. I also make a point to not do things some driver's do like start in higher gears or otherwise overuse/abuse the clutch and I creep up to lights so I don't always have to take it out of gear. I also make a point to grease it up often.

appreciate the list man, its something worth asking the mechanics if they checked it and how much life they have. I will make another post after i get the truck into the shop and see how things look internally.

User's Signature: The creator said " Help your self and I will help you; Protect your self and I will protect you "
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
RE: What kind of Clutches are there? - Evotrucker - 09-06-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.