What kind of Clutches are there?
09-21-2018, (Subject: What kind of Clutches are there? ) 
RE: What kind of Clutches are there?
(09-20-2018 )Evotrucker Wrote:  Okay so last night, i got stuck at a Pilot when i went in to get a soda and cookie.

Came back into the truck, started it up. Stepped on the clutch and grinding in all the gears, could get it into any gear. So after waiting a hour, i got one of the tech's at the shop to take a look at it for me, he said my clutch has been worn down completely. He also said my slave cylinder is leaking air out of the fitting....

So i went to Volvo to get a quote on a pair of clutchs, never looked at the paper until now.

Ive got a Solo Clutch in the truck, part # SP 30970120 - Volvo is looking for $1,153.20

while i was there, i asked the girl over the counter if i could get a quote on a higher torque clutch.

Part # RC CLU20892582H its rated at 2050 torque and that one is going for $549.00.

I dont get why the one with the lower torque rating is twice as expensive....

When the springs in the clutch finally gave way on my truck at 1.02 million miles, I just shut off engine while dropping it into gear and drove it a few more days till I got it home to dealt with it. Point being that you are not at the mercy of the nearest place you are close to.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: schISM , Hammerhead

Messages In This Thread
RE: What kind of Clutches are there? - Rawze - 09-21-2018

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.