How to remove clips on doser valve
09-07-2018, (Subject: How to remove clips on doser valve ) 
How to remove clips on doser valve
   Have to replace doser valve on the SCR tube (the pee doser) any advice on which way to push or pull to release three hoses? After a couple tries the Neanderthal in me usually comes out and I ....break it :-(.
replyreply
RE: How to remove clips on doser valve
The white connect on the left looks like push on the left side, but they never seem to play along. It doesn't take much grime to mess things up, and the plastic always seems to be brittle. I've had better luck using a pick on the locking tabs end to spread the tabs and push the clip out from that end. Still easy to break though if they're brittled by heat.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
(09-07-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  The white connect on the left looks like push on the left side, but they never seem to play along. It doesn't take much grime to mess things up, and the plastic always seems to be brittle. I've had better luck using a pick on the locking tabs end to spread the tabs and push the clip out from that end. Still easy to break though if they're brittled by heat.
The brittle part is what worries me ...I cant see a steel spring clip in it? poor picture but it looks like I push out or in on the two clips? The coolant hoses I have had off the white one is what I'm not sure of. The pick is a good idea.
replyreply

They look like the style Ford uses on fuel lines (I HATE them lol). You're supposed to be able to push on the flat part, and the "legs" move down and spread, letting you pull the nipple out. If you try to just pry up on the big end, you'll break a leg off.
replyreply
(09-07-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  

They look like the style Ford uses on fuel lines (I HATE them lol). You're supposed to be able to push on the flat part, and the "legs" move down and spread, letting you pull the nipple out. If you try to just pry up on the big end, you'll break a leg off.
wow! I was not expecting that ... I'm gad I asked. So I push in on flat? then down and out on legs? does the clip come out first or fitting slides off first?
replyreply
When you push on the flat the legs push out the bottom. They spread themselves. Just pull it off once you press the flat down completely.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Nostalgic , imalumberjack
09-08-2018, (Subject: How to remove clips on doser valve ) 
(09-07-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  ... and the "legs" move down and spread, letting you pull the nipple ...

Is it me or am I the only one who finds gutter humor in that statement?. lol

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack , bubbanbrenda
lol, I guess it happens when I'm putting 18 hour days in the shop and not enough time other places.
replyreply
(09-08-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-07-2018 )Nostalgic Wrote:  ... and the "legs" move down and spread, letting you pull the nipple ...

Is it me or am I the only one who finds gutter humor in that statement?. lol

Funny! Totally missed it! Thanks men for the help worked just as Nilao and Nostalgic said. Only advice to someone else doing this is pinch off both coolant lines or you will get a face full of extended life as I just did.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.