Fault code
09-08-2018, (Subject: Fault code ) 
Fault code
Check engine light came on n had it scanned showing spn3216 and clue what that is..
replyreply
RE: Fault code
(09-08-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  Check engine light came on n had it scanned showing spn3216 and clue what that is..
I come up with intake NOX sensor
replyreply
(09-08-2018 )imalumberjack Wrote:  
(09-08-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  Check engine light came on n had it scanned showing spn3216 and clue what that is..
I come up with intake NOX sensor

Is that the one right behind the turbo..
replyreply
yes.
replyreply
09-09-2018, (Subject: Fault code ) 
Thanks have to wait tell the dealer open up Monday in hope they have the part..how long do u think I can run the truck for befor it cause more problems
replyreply
Be calling the shop tomorrow morning in see if I can get some parts then going to the truck stop n try n fix the truck ..guess it time to spend some money
replyreply

SPN3216 comes up as the intake nox sensor (the one behind the turbo), but without more information, like the associated FMI number, or the actual cummins fault code, your issue could be one of several things wrong.

There are several sub-categories for that SPN like "shorted to power", "shorted to ground", "reading a bit high","reading a bit low","intermittent connection","not comunicating at proper intervals on the J1939","value changing too quickly","value changing too slowly", etc.

In other words it could be ...

* Bad sensor?
* Bad wiring?
* Engine is making too much NOx gas (something wrong with the egr itself or may be over-boosting)?
* Engien making too little NOx gas (excess EGR / low boost / partially blocked up exhaust)?
* bad fuel-air-mix?

Just trying to make a point here that you should get Insite on it or some other diag. tool to find the actual extent of the fault before just running off to spend several hundreds of dollars blindly. If the sensor is more than 250k miles old, simply replacing it is not a bad investment, but if the problem creating the fault is not the sensor itself, you will still have as high chance of the same problem to come right back.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: imalumberjack
(09-09-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  

SPN3216 comes up as the intake nox senso (the one behind the turbo), but without more information, like the associated FMI number, or the actual cummins fault code, your issue could be one of several things wrong.

There are several sub-categories for that SPN like "shorted to power", "shorted to ground", "reading a bit high","reading a bit low","intermittent connection","not comunicating at proper intervals on the J1939","value changing too quickly","value changing too slowly", etc.

In other words it could be ...

* Bad sensor?
* Bad wiring?
* Engine is making too much NOx gas (something wrong with the egr itself or may be over-boosting)?
* Engien making too little NOx gas (excess EGR / low boost / partially blocked up exhaust)?
* bad fuel-air-mix?

Just trying to make a point here that you should get Insite on it or some other diag. tool to find the actual extent of the fault before just running off to spend several hundreds of dollars blindly. If the sensor is more than 250k miles old, simply replacing it is not a bad investment, but if the problem creating the fault is not the sensor itself, you will still have as high chance of the same problem to come right back.

Was not able to get a print out of the code last night cause there printer was down ,1 do remember that it said abnormal rate of change .the guy n the shop did unplug and tested the wire to make sure to make it was good on the end..cant remember what the FMI number was..I have 319k on a cm2350 dont have insite right now working on getting that here really soon..
replyreply
Rawze I'm looking online right now to see if I can find the insite i need so I can order it n maybe have it home by the time I get there..my wife is taking the laptop to have to the computer guy to have it wipe clean ..is there one brand better than the other on insite
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.