fuel issue on rear bank
09-13-2018, (Subject: fuel issue on rear bank ) 
fuel issue on rear bank
I'm having an issue where my truck would surge intermittently at idle when warmed up and I recently start hearing it going down the road. I replaced the rear 3 injectors and metering actuator with no change. what I find very odd is when I go to the cylinder cut out test as soon as I press "start" to begin the cut out test the engine starts shaking like an actuator got unplugged or something. The front bank injectors cut out normally but when I cut out the rear injectors very little change and cutting #5 smooths out the engine for a few moments. This happened before and after buying injectors and actuator. I have checked my overhead but not the injector pre-load for the lack of a dial wrench which is my next step tomorrow. Any ideas what would cause it to act like this besides injector pre-load being too tight/loose??
replyreply
09-13-2018, (Subject: fuel issue on rear bank ) 
RE: fuel issue on rear bank
I'd start by swapping both actuators with the front and see if the problem moves to the front.

I had something happen like that last year when I did my cam,there is a magnetic ring on the backside of the pintle in the actuator...mine was cracked.

User's Signature: 2010 T2000, CM871, 13spd, 977k, tanker yanker
Overhauled @ 927k
replyreply
09-14-2018, (Subject: fuel issue on rear bank ) 
You say you changed the metering actuator but not the timing actuator. Could the issue have been the timing actuator the whole time? Like Dhirocz said, swap both actuators front to back and see if the problem follows...
replyreply
(09-14-2018 )Nilao Wrote:  You say you changed the metering actuator but not the timing actuator. Could the issue have been the timing actuator the whole time? Like Dhirocz said, swap both actuators front to back and see if the problem follows...
yes just the metering actuator as I replaced the whole set a year ago.
replyreply
New plugs ECM to actuators did amazing idle improvement on my 871. They are cheap.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: dhirocz , Hammerhead

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.