Week end project
09-13-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Week end project
Went to the shop and got some parts for this wkn to change out in hope that will fix my problem. The parts I got was a nox sensors, doser injectors and the up grade oil pressure relief valves going to be having my 14yr old son help me out...insite is on it way so hope to have that here by this wkn all so...is there anything I should cheek will doing this work I'm pulling the pip right behind the turbo were the doser goes so I can get a good clean done on that befor I put the new parts on..thank u
replyreply
09-14-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
RE: Week end project
Have you ever changed the IMAP and exhaust backpressure sensor? How about the delta-p sensors and piping? Cummins used to recommend pulling and cleaning the dpf every 250k but I think on the 2250 they upped that to 500k....just something to consider. If you pull it and walk it into Cummins they will only charge you around $450 to clean it.
replyreply
09-14-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Yes I've change out the imap sensor the pressure sensor and the temp sensor and have taking the exhaust transfer tube and the exhaust transfer connection tube off in clean them have not got to the delta-p or anything that far back yet..have a 2350 in Cummins saying 500k on the dpf but yes the dpf in on my next list of thing to do
replyreply
09-16-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Have a hard time getting the nox sensors out all ready broke one took and clue the best way to get the thang out ..not having a good day.
replyreply
try some penetrating oil and heat on the bung. try not to break the wires as you most likely have a core charge.

(09-16-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  Have a hard time getting the nox sensors out all ready broke one took and clue the best way to get the thang out ..not having a good day.
replyreply
(09-16-2018 )MCRENT Wrote:  try some penetrating oil and heat on the bung. try not to break the wires as you most likely have a core charge.

(09-16-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  Have a hard time getting the nox sensors out all ready broke one took and clue the best way to get the thang out ..not having a good day.
Yea not try to cut the wire at all ..will try some heat on it next
replyreply
I tried to but some heat on the nox sensors but still no luck getting it out
replyreply
09-19-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Ok got the new nox sensors in doser valve put in now the truck is doing a regen by it self seating on the side of the road so it can to it thing ..went 35 min on a regen dont have insite hooked up yet cause in still trying to figure that out..is 35 min a good time for a regen ...
replyreply
09-19-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Some take 30 minutes some take an hour or more. It depends on how much soot is in the can
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.