Week end project
11-03-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
RE: Week end project
(11-03-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  I'm only going by what my gages showing..just turn the truck off for a couple of min now it seam to be idling at 600 like it allway does..will see how it does on the way home..is there any way to check if it a bag gage or what might be making it read funny

Could be a derate or it could be the turbo locking up at near 100% closed and choking the engine exhaust.

If engine sounds like it is laboring hard (you have to push the fuel pedal down quite far) just to make 1,000 rps or so, it is likely the turbo. In this case, it can destroy the engine trying to force it to run against the exhaust restriction.

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
11-03-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
If it a debate would I be able to see that with onsite or how would I be able to find out if it is the turbo couldn't hear any difference in the motor but I will keep and eye on the turbo gage in see what going on going to Bob tail home or at least try to so I can get my insite in hook it up. No check engine like on is there any way to test the turbo
replyreply
11-04-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
(11-03-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  If it a debate would I be able to see that with onsite or how would I be able to find out if it is the turbo couldn't hear any difference in the motor but I will keep and eye on the turbo gage in see what going on going to Bob tail home or at least try to so I can get my insite in hook it up. No check engine like on is there any way to test the turbo

If it is a derate, you should be popping some codes along with the CEL turning on. When my ProStar went into a derate, pre mandate removal, I always had the yellow triangle lit up or worse, that yellow triangle was on continually until I eliminated the mandate, you really need to do that.

Also, on my ProStar, the computer on the International side always showed the code on the dash. I have that video monitor in my dash from the factory. I would think you should be able to get codes on the dash info center, the little window where the odo is on your truck if you do not have that monitor like I have. I don't remember the sequence to do that, you had to turn the ignition key on and off or to a certain position and repeat. I am sure someone here knows or call the stealership.

Wish I could be more help. Good luck, and get rid of the mandate before things get worse, as they will.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
11-04-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
So far I have no code showing on the dash or when I hooked up insite last night when I got ..drove the truck home 150 miles bobtail is the rps was running around 1300 like it all way does when I bobtail..everything seam to be running like it was..is there anyway I can check to make sure the turbo working right I do have a boost gage in when I get into the pedal it does go up some so that's make me think it working or could I be wrong
replyreply
11-15-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
Not sure if this is the right place but here we go check engine light is on code 3697 ,,engine control module calibration memory bad intelligent device or component..
Sid 253
J1587 12
J1939 12
Spn630
Cummins 2350 with 336061 on the motor truck seam to run fine just started it up to back up for a driver in now the likes on
replyreply
11-15-2018, (Subject: Week end project ) 
(09-20-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  
(09-19-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  That's what I'm trying to do learn everything I can ..just got insight so I'll be trying to do what i can that's for sure

Don't get me wrong here, Not trying to pick on anyone. I am just making a statement steeped in reality for those who read the forum. Personally I think it is a crying shame that the trucking repair industry in general is so absolutely incompetent. It is based on nothing but over-marketed false hope. It is beyond a disgrace that truck owners/drivers have to resort to having to become full fledged engine mechanics and diagnostic software experts just to run down the roads in this modern age we live in. I directly blame the networks of OEM repair shops the most because they have fully traded away actual skill and intelligence for the glorified corporate imaged brainwashed crap. Nothing but false promises and hope with procedures hell bent on selling you the most expensive, wallet draining solutions. All their idiot-proof, over-simplified OEM training and diag. software suggestions is mostly nothing but crap to make their share-holders happy each quarter.

If someone thinks the manufacturer and OEM network of greedy bastards gave a damn at all about their customers/consumers who are at the operating end of this false equation of profit and greed, they are wildly mistaken! It is right in line with the example of a Chef who makes a wonderful cake. A big corporation comes along and says "Wow, I can make millions off that cake it is so good" and starts reproducing the cake. Now though, that "Chef's Touch" is somehow missing because the robots and assembly line workers, changed/cheaper brands of ingredients for higher profit margins, preservatives so they can ship it half way around the world instead of making it locally, etc.etc. and the other ten thousand distortions -- They wonder why no one likes it any more. --- IT IS NOT THE SAME, AND IT CANNOT BE!. -- THAT "CHEF'S TOUCH" IS NOW COMPLETELY MISSING AND CANNOT BE DUPLICATED!.

I am all about consistency and predictability in manufacturing. It is when they try to apply it to what happens AFTER this process and during the operation and use of a product that they always f$ck up!. Their biggest shortcoming is that they fail to realize that when something stops working or breaks,.. it is 90%+ of the time NOT the problem, but only the RESULT of a DIFFERENT PROBLEM that caused it!. What happens is that replacing the broken component always leads to this same 90% predictability of repeated failure. One of the troubles is that much of the time, that problem is inherent to its design. Instead of identifying that and fixing it,.. they send you down the road, hiding the actual flaw because god-forbid they might have to re-think what they have done. Add on top of this the other factors like laziness (air-gun happy mechanics), incompetence (under-trained procedural followers instead of "thinkers"), and greed (half-arsse it and do more per day instead of taking time to make things right) and this leaves us a pretty bleak picture of our industry.

- The only solution is to do things ourselves if we want them to a high enough standard to make a decent profit, because I will be dammed if i pay someone else for what I have just described!.

The next time you go into a stealershit or OEM facility to buy parts, as you walk past the trucks waiting to get fixed and see the people sitting "in the lounge area" in all their ignorant glory,.. remember this and you will end up shaking your head in sadness and dismay too. -- Say anything openly about it though, and they will look at you like you just landed here from another planet, needing your head examined!.

Just read the bad google reviews at so many of these stealerships and you'll see everybody. So many people are out here to get every cent you make. Kinda pisses me off when us, driver's work the hardest.
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.