Injector for ISM 500
09-17-2018, (Subject: Injector for ISM 500 ) 
Injector for ISM 500
Hi All,

I need to replace an injector on my 2008 ISM 500 CM876. Injector part number from Quickserve is 4955149. The diesel shop has done every celect injector out there and NEVER saw this part number before. He said that he can't see how Cummins can get 500 HP from an M11 engine. He said that unless this injector is the same as N14 engine he can't rebuild without having fuel flow info. He suggested that I send him a good injector so he can measure the flow and rebuild the bad one.

Does anyone here knows this part number and if it is the same as maybe other models of the celect injectors?
replyreply
RE: Injector for ISM 500
What's the engine number?
replyreply
(09-17-2018 )Signature620 Wrote:  What's the engine number?

replyreply
4955149PX is a good part number for that injector. Just because he claims to have done every (common) CELECT injector known to man doesn't mean this one is a unicorn...

This CPL & FR is for a RV rating. No, they wouldn't rate class 7 & 8 trucks up to 500, but motorhomes and fire/rescue they tend to push the limits.

He need to contact his local Cummins distributor to find out if they or which location has a PT rebuild pump room. These for sure would have the fuel pump & injector catalogs that will give him the specs he is looking for. Genuine PX recon injectors still carry a two year warranty.... Just food for thought.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rawze
I am in Canada and can't find anyone on the west coast here other than Cummins who wants to sell me a new injector not reman with a price tag of $900 USD!!

Anyone can recommend a place?
replyreply
09-18-2018, (Subject: Injector for ISM 500 ) 
Just a reminder here: - people should BUY OEM ONLY from an official source like cummins or an oem dealer for internal enigne parts like injectors etc. NEVER EVER BE A CHEAP-SCAPE WHEN IT COMES TO PARTS THAT GO INSIDE YOUR ENGINE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

User's Signature: ->: What I post is just my own thoughts and Opinions! --- I AM Full Of S__T!.
replyreply
(09-17-2018 )wingover Wrote:  I am in Canada and can't find anyone on the west coast here other than Cummins who wants to sell me a new injector not reman with a price tag of $900 USD!!

Anyone can recommend a place?

I know you probably don't wanna hear this, but...
That's actually not a bad price for a new injector. I know it's not cheap, but it's not like they're hiking the price up because it's an RV.
If you're on the west coast of Canada, I assume you're not too far from the border, call into some of the Washington dealers for quotes, if they're a lot cheaper it may be worth the drive?

User's Signature: Why? Why do I always ask "why?" Because I can't learn or help teach others with "'cause I said so..."
replyreply
Called Cummins across the boarder (an hour drive) and got $540 for the same part number. Taking the wife for a night out in WA and picking up the injector. Still much less than Cummins here..
replyreply
 Thanks given by: fargonaz , Hammerhead , Signature620 , Moose , gatow900
09-19-2018, (Subject: Injector for ISM 500 ) 
Made a tool to pull the injector out and manage to remove it. I heard some fuel dripping into the cylinder and wondering how (if needed) to get the fuel out of the cylinder?

Also, if I attach a picture can you tell if the tip is blocked or not?

Should have a new injector from Cummins next week.

Thanks!
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.