Fuel additives
09-25-2018, (Subject: Fuel additives ) 
Fuel additives
Does anyone use fuel additives in there truck and does it help any ..if so what's the best coins to use just looking for more ways to make my truck run better in make it last ..my truck only runs at 1400 rpm max so trying to find way to get better fuel mileage out of it
replyreply
RE: Fuel additives
Once a month I use KILLEM biocide. Fill up full tanks with shock dose treatment and have it seat my days off. After biocide bottle of DIESEL KLEEN. Fuel tanks are shiny inside.
replyreply
(09-25-2018 )lonestar16 Wrote:  Does anyone use fuel additives in there truck and does it help any ..if so what's the best coins to use just looking for more ways to make my truck run better in make it last ..my truck only runs at 1400 rpm max so trying to find way to get better fuel mileage out of it

Depending on what your doing under 1400 rpms will kill quicker then anything

User's Signature: The missing link
replyreply
Quote:truck only runs at 1400 rpm max

Are you running a steam engine? I can't think of any other engine that likes\tolerates being lugged at that low of RPM all the time.
replyreply
 Thanks given by: snailexpress
(09-25-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  

Are you running a steam engine? I can't think of any other engine that likes\tolerates being lugged at that low of RPM all the time.
Have seen some trucks with calibration programmed to run this low rpm.
replyreply
As far as I can tell my truck is set at 1400 when I'm trying to climb a hill and grab a lower gear it will die tell it drop under the 1400 mark..
replyreply
(09-25-2018 )snailexpress Wrote:  
(09-25-2018 )Chamberpains Wrote:  

Have seen some trucks with calibration programmed to run this low rpm.

Wow, they would have to be 18 speeds at least. The rpm drop out of a 10 speed would keep it working up out of the 900-1000 rpm range. I haven't dealt with any engines that can get the turbo properly spooled that low. I'm curious what kind of operations would be using programming like that.

As for the OP, here's Rawze thoughts on fuel additives. http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=112

And for some ideas on fuel mileage
http://rawze.com/forums/showthread.php?tid=2855
replyreply
 Thanks given by: Rounded_nut
All I know is that it a Cummins isx 2350 with a13 speed have a hard time pulling hills no matter what kind of weight I have..
replyreply
Wow, you have a governor that NEEDS to be turned off. Probably the stupid gear down protection and maybe the smart torque or torque limiter option. 1400 is way to low to be playing with while pulling a hill. You need to open that things rpm range up. Are you a company driver or do you own the truck?
replyreply

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.