CM2250 tune up
09-27-2018, (Subject: CM2250 tune up ) 
RE: CM2250 tune up
(09-27-2018 )Rawze Wrote:  ( just my own personal view-point, no one has to agree)

I do agree with everything you said in here, and just to fill you in on why I leased this truck from my boss. He had bought it about 2 years ago, had a bunch of issues with it I guess, it is an old Decker truck, had a big issue with the def system, and it basicall all got replaced, as well as the turbo charger. the paperwork he has from the work had around 460000 miles on it, I was put into the truck with about 512000 miles on it. All his other drivers kept saying he just needed to get rid of it, and I heard this somewhere around here, but they said its a throw away truck, you get 500k on them and you get rid of them. Well I got put into the truck and I could tell it needed work and was negleted. So I paid attention to what it was doing, did my reasearch everywhere, and started talking him into doing little things at a time, and it started getting better. So he decided that to make things eaiser for both of us, he'd lease it to me so I had more control over the money for the truck and fix it up. But as far as him telling me what I can and cannot do as far as the warranty is concerned, he don't care either way and will help me if I need it.

But for now the plan is to start getting the pm stuff caught up. I do have an amsoil bypass kit on the way, which I am an amsoil dealer so I can help others get on for less than most places. I am going to inspect and retorque the wheel bearings because I am getting some inner tire wear, I have already replaced all the shocks. And I am gonna pull the valve cover over the weekend and do the overhead and inspect the top end. Maybe replace the jake solnoids, and also check the scr and dpf filters and that pipe you told me about. When I get ready to change the oil next I am gonna get a new oil pump and shim it so I can get some extra oil up to the valves.

As far as demandating it, I'm pretty up in the air on that, a better tune is deffently gonna happen. but demandating it I'm not sure about, mainaly because I do go to california once in a while and I don't what to chance a ticket. And also I've seen some of the ones done around my area and most of them have a check engine light on because of it. That I don't want either. But as I have said I'm still up in the air on it. The less soot through the intake and no more 3 to 4 gallons per hour during a regen are winning that battle.
replyreply

Messages In This Thread
CM2250 tune up - Thegrinder - 09-26-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Rawze - 09-27-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Thegrinder - 09-27-2018
RE: CM2250 tune up - Rawze - 09-27-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Waterloo - 09-27-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Nilao - 09-28-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Waterloo - 09-28-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Waterloo - 09-28-2018,
RE: CM2250 tune up - Rawze - 10-09-2018,

NOTE: Rawze.com is not affiliated, nor endorses any of the google ads that are displayed on this website.